CHAP 43

Jihan's POV

"Where are they going?" I asked Soojin Unnie as I saw Jaehee and Zoa leave with manager Unnie. "I don't know," Soojin Unnie said, shrugging. We just finished our performance in one of the music shows. We don't have anything scheduled to do this afternoon, so they probably went out to eat or shop. Should I go out also? Oh! I remembered Y/N didn't have any classes today. I should text her so we could go out.

Me:

Heyy, let's go out today. We don't have any schedule for this afternoon!

Y/Nnie💜:

oww sorry hannie, i have this school activity to work today with my classmates..i'll make it up to you next time!

I was happy when I heard my phone vibrated immediately, but when I saw her text my smile went to frown. I definitely recall last night that she was happy she didn't have anything to do today. Well, if she say so.

Me:

Okay, be careful don't injure yourself like last time! I love you💜

Y/Nnie💜:

okay mom🙄 i love you too🐰

I giggled at her text. She's so childish sometimes. "Jihyo-yah, what gift do you want for your birthday?" I heard Soeun Unnie ask. Oh, that's right! My birthday is just days away! I can't believe I'll be celebrating my birthday this year with Y/N. I bet my birthday this year will be the best.

"Hello~ earth to Jihan~" I heard Soeun unnie say again, interrupting my thoughts. "Oh, umm, I don't know?" I said, scratching my head. "You're weird" she said and then walked away. I giggled at her.

"Yah, I can't believe she will be 17 (intl. age) now. I still remember her being so small," Jiyoon unnie suddenly said, acting like she was crying. "She's still small now, but that's right, she's growing. I remember back in the days were I was still feeding her, " Monday unnie said, joining Jiyoon Unnie in fake crying.

"Yah! I basically raised her!" Soojin Unnie suddenly said going to me and hugged me. I saw the staff laughing at their little skit. Okay, this is embarrassing. "Unnie~" I whined but it was no use. They just cooed me even more like I was some kind of a new born baby.

"Do you guys want to shop today?" said Soeun Unnie as we entered the car. "Ohh, I want to buy Jihan a gift for her birthday!" Jiyoon Unnie said happily. "Umm I want to buy too" I said. "Buying yourself a gift?" Soojin Unnie asked. I shook my head in response. I just learned that Y/N's birthday had already passed by, so I didn't have the chance to give her a gift.

"I'll buy Y/N a gift" I said. They suddenly gasp, startling me. "Is her birthday today?" Monday Unnie asked. What? What is she saying? "Oh my god, we are such bad friends!" Jiyoon Unnie exclaimed.

"No, no! It's not her birthday today. I just like to buy her a gift since we didn't get to celebrate her birthday with her, which was in January," I explained. "Ahh" they all said. "Well, good for you," Soojin Unnie said, making us laugh.

"What should I give Jihan, hmm" I heard Monday Unnie said. "Oh, what about those fashion glasses!" Soeun Unnie exclaimed, jumping up and down. "Or those cool bucket hats" I heard Jiyoon Unnie say, pointing at the hat she saw inside the store. "Umm, you know I can hear you guys right?" I said and they just laughed.

We are now inside the mall, strolling around finding some things that interest us enough to buy them. What should I gift for Y/N? I ask myself.

Y/N's POV

"Arghh, this is harder than I thought!" I shouted in frustration. "Hang in there, Unnie!" I heard Jaehee shouting in the other room. We are now here in my apartment customizing things that we will give Jihan on her birthday. Jaehee and Zoa were kind enough to accompany and help me here. The two decided that they would customize a shirt and sweat pants as a gift.

But their job is easier because they will just draw on the surface of it and it's done. While I am coughing so hard here so I can perfect the color that I want on the tumbler. Gosh, spray painting is so hard! "Woah, unnie, you have too many failed customs there" I heard Zoa say, entering the room. Yeah, I bought five tumblers and three of them failed.

"Are you gonna throw these unnie?" Jaehee asked, putting on a mask when she entered the room. The room was filled with a spray paint scent that was so intoxicating that we needed to put on a mask. "No, I will give the others to Jiyoon or Monday" I shrugged. They both laughed.

"Unnie, that is so mean!" Zoa said but still laughed. Well, at least I'm not waisting, right? "Unnie, I'll take this. You need to succeed on that one," Jaehee said, grabbing the other untouched tumbler. "Yah, yah I paid for those!" I shouted. "Goodluck unnie!" She said as she hurriedly ran out of the room. Arghh, this kid.

Okay! I'm finally done!! Yes! This looked great. It took me almost two hours to finish customizing this one tumbler. Wahh, it's so tiring. Now, all I have left is to tie dye a hoodie. I went out of the room and saw Jaehee and Zoa were watching TV in the living room. "Oh, unnie, you're done?" Zoa asked, as I sat beside her. "Yeah, all that's left to do is the hoodie," I said, sighing.

"Aigoo, our unnie is tired," Jaehee said, massaging my arm. "It's okay unnie, tie dying is easy" Zoa said, reassuring me. Well, yeah, tie dying is easy. I watched the tutorial a while ago and it's surprisingly easy than spray painting the tumbler. I scrunch my nose when I suddenly smell the spray paint. I don't want to smell it ever again. It's so bad. It makes me want to puke any time I smell it.

"Okay, I'll work now!" I said, getting up. "Is it okay for you guys to wait again?" I asked them. "It's okay Unnie," Jaehee said, her eyes still on the TV. "As long as the food is still here," Zoa said, munching. I giggled at them. They are such kids. Well, they are. I can't believe they are already idols when they are so young.

Not that I'm complaining, I just felt bad that they had just experienced little childhood time. Well, I'm here. I'll play with them whenever they want, so I can fullfill the childhood that they have missed. Gosh, why do I sound like I'm a mom?

"Okay, guys look!" I said as I dried the hoodie that I had just finished dying. "Is it okay?" I ask, holding up the hoodie so they can have a good look at it. "Woahh, unnie, it's lighter than I thought" Zoa said, touching the fabric. "But it's beautiful!" She said, taking the hoodie from me, taking a close look.

"Yeah, it is so pretty" Jaehee complimented my side. "I wonder if Jihan will like it" I said out of context. "Don't worry unnie, she'll like it" Jaehee said patting my back. "Besides, she likes pastel colors, so I'm sure she'll like the color of it," she continued. Woah, what a relief. It's the best thing I didn't put too much ink earlier. I thought I had made a mistake, but it turns out it was not.

I can't wait to see the look on her face when I surprise her with these gifts. Will she cry? I know she's a crybaby because I saw their past videos when the members were singing her a happy birthday last year. She definitely balled her eyes that time. But she's still cute. She looks extra cute when she cries. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her cry but she has seen me cry. Unfair! I want to see her cry too. Wait, why do I sound bad? Hahaha.

-kukkura🌸