Link

~Chapter Eight~

~Mindy~

It wasn't long before Jeremiah was storming into my home. I sat in my kitchen table sipping on some tea. In hopes that the large hole in my chest would soon close up and heal. I knew this day would come but I hadn't expected for it to come so soon. I was feeling crushed and hollow.

"Mindy, please, listen to me. Listen to everything I have to tell you." He said.

"You've found her Jeremiah, we have an agreement." I said as sternly as I could. I knew what an empty broken heart felt, I was not going to allow his mate to suffer the same fate, that would make me a hypocrite.

Then you should have left things as they were. Don't count yourself out for making this worse. If you knew and still accepted Jeremiah then that makes you as guilty." I thought. I cringed inwardly for being so desperate. Am I love you was all it had taken for me to say yes. Had it been the pain I had felt from the rejection that made me be with him? Did I really love him? My mind was racing as stupid questions drowned my head.

"I didn't find her! Gunner did!" He snapped.

"How is that even possible Jeremiah. He could not have possibly known that she was your mate." I said, taking another sip from my ice tea. I was trembling inside, my guts already in thousand of knots.

"Look, I don't know how he did it but I know he was behind this." He tried to explain.

"Jeremiah Ardent! Are you not listening to what I am saying, go to her." I snapped.

It is true that we had talked about this often, even argued over the past year. I was always aware that this would happen. He often seem to see it impossible because of how good of a thing we had going on. In the end we had both decided that if this came to pass we would deal with it then.

"I Jeremiah Ardent rejec..."

I moved quickly, kicking his feet from
under him I made certain he stayed pin to the floor as I covered his mouth.

"Don't you dare say those words. How can you have the heart to reject your mate!" I hissed.

He moved his head to the side, in the process gaining his breath. "Because you hold my heart." He said out of breath.

Taking Jeremiah by the collar I got him to his feet and walked out of the house with him hot on my trail.

"Where are you going!" He called out.

I picked up my pace and listened as leaves and twigs snapped from behind me as he followed after me.

Soon we were in the park once again, I watched as the poor girl wiped tears away as she sat by herself in a bench. Walking closer I felt Jeremiah wrap his hand around my arm to tug me backwards.

"Don't!" He hissed.

I tugged my arm away and marched up to her. The girl turned, clearly startled by my presence. Her eyes darted towards Jeremiah and her lip quivered.

"Look." I snapped over at him. Jeremiah was refusing to look at her as she walked closer to him.

"Jeremiah, look at her." I said.

"No, I can't." He lied.

"Fighting it will only make it worse. You cannot hold on to a lost case like me. Reach out to her, take her hand." I encouraged.

"Why are you doing this Mindy, I thought you loved me?" He asked.

"Of course I do, but your love is not mine to keep. It belongs with her, once you let go you will realize how you ever managed to live without her. Trust me, it is what is best." I pressed.