Temper

~Chapter Four~

Gunners P.O.V

Jeremiah paced back and forth, his hair a disheveled mess and his face torn, emotions reeking off of him like rain. I sat across from him, the living room providing no comfort like I had expected it to. Focusing my eyes on the large flat screen perched up against the wall I fought to ignore his muttering. Finally when I felt my head might explode I tossed the remote in his direction watching the clicker hit him on the shoulder and bounce over the coffee table.

"Will you stop already?" I said, a snarl escaping my lips.

He glared in my direction his lip curling in disgust as I suddenly felt the threat radiating off him. I stood up watching Jeremiah follow my every move.

"Are you threatening me?" I asked, my hands balling into fists.

"If it hadn't been for you Mindy would have been Luna, but you had to crave a fertile were, can't you for once think of someone other than yourself?" he snipped.

"What's done is done Jeremiah, let it go!" I shouted.

The tension was thick and the atmosphere suddenly felt tight to breathe in as he put on foot in front of the other. "I dare you," I snarled.

"Boys! That is enough, it's been three weeks of this nonsense, Jeremiah get to your training classes and Gunner don't you have a Luna to attend to?" Father intervened.

"Yes father," I replied, tightly. Rolling my eyes in anger I walked away in search of Haven. Haven Young, whom soon would become Mrs. Ardent, future Luna and Queen of The Cobalt pack. Truth be told she was too stiff and simply agreed to everything I said. I had pictured my Luna more free-spirited although there were rules to be followed. In the end this was my mess and I had chosen to go with Plan B. I was certain she would make a wonderful Luna once she got the hang of simply relaxing and enjoying the position I had dethroned Mindy from.

There was no lying that Mindy was on my mind twenty four seven, even when Haven and I had our intimate moments. I knew it was due to the fact that she was my Luna and that rejecting her didn't break any bond we had. It was all within us to simply let go and finally move forward. However, it was taking me tremendously hard work to concentrate on one thing. The therapist that father had arranged for me to see every day worked with me to slowly progress and get back to concentrating on my future plans for the pack. At time's I found myself regretting letting Mindy go and then there were times I felt I was better off.

I reached the back room of the mansion and went down the hall to the right reaching Haven's personal room. Knocking lightly I stepped in and watched as she sat before her dresser, combing through her bleach blonde hair. She turned to smile at me, her painted pink lips nice and full, nothing like Mindy's tiny mouth. My gut clenched as I averted my eyes elsewhere trying hard to concentrate on the pattern her wall paper presented.

"My Alpha, is there anything I can assist you with," she said, her voice trained to sound more like a robot.

I shook my head and tried to offer a smile that would please her. "I simply came to see how you were doing. Has everything been to your liking, are you comfortable here?" I asked.

She smiled and stood, her long white dress adorning her figure very well.

Mindy would be too skinny to fill that dress like she does, I thought.

I nearly growled as her face passed my thought's, who cared if she was too skinny, she was simply that, skinny, tiny, and sterol.

Just keep reminding yourself that it was all worth it, it was worth passing her up for Haven. I said to myself.