The Alpha

Chapter Twenty

"We will be live in five!" The cameraman shouted out to us. I nervously adjusted my buttoned up shirt and tried to focus on the words I'd give my Nation for the last time.

Here in Cardinal Nation things seemed calm and at peace. It was nothing like back home. All hell had broken lose when the Pallid Nation had tried to take control of the streets.

The Alpha was trying to pressure the Nation to give me in, he would have no control nor command over the Cobalt Nation as long as a member in my family was Alpha. I was proud of my people for being the valiant and united lycans they were born to be. I felt a smile leave my lips as I thought about it.

I only hoped that my speech would give them the extra push they needed to finally be rid of the Pallid Nation for good. There was nothing more I wanted than to have my family back home again, safe and sound. Jeremiah's wife was near her due date and the last thing I wanted was for his child to be born in the middle of a war.

"Alpha Ardent, this way please, they are waiting for you." A crew member said. I stared at the bright color in his red hair. It was almost unbelievable to see how bright it looked, almost as if on fire. I was grateful for their kind hospitality. The majority of the Cardinal Nation lycans were hospitable people, who looked intimidating but once spoken to acted much like a sibling.

"Go get'em big brother, I trust that you will say the right thing." Jeremiah said.

I took him into a parting hug and then turned to follow after the man leading me into the studio. Taking a deep breath I walked over to the empty chair in front of a blue screen and took my seat.

The cameraman counted down and then finished by signaling with his fingers that I was live. This broadcast would reach my Nation and I was hoping that the Alpha from the Palling Nation was also watching this broadcast.

"This is Alpha Ardent and this message goes out to my people and any who befall to this war and threat that has come over us. I plead to those who are watching this broadcast to not give in. I may not be there to fight along your side but you have the power in you to stand up for your Nation and your loved ones. We are not considered the number one force to be reckon with for nothing. Show them what we are made of. The Pallid Nation has made a grotesque mistake walking into our land. Unite and stand together. Leave the Alpha to your leader, he's going to wish he never stepped a foot into our territory. To the Admiral, General, and any other commander who still live, give them hell."

The screen went black and there was suddenly an applause filling the small studio. Members of the Cardinal Nation stood by and nodded as I stood from the chair and made my way over to where my family untied.

"No better words could have been spoken son, I am proud of you." My father said, as he squeezed my shoulder and then took me in for a tight hug. I failed to smile as he looked me in the eye.

"Spoken like a true Alpha." My mother encouraged as she embraced me as well.

"You should all be resting, go, Jeremiah and I will catch up with you guys in a moment. We still have a lot to talk about." I said.

My father nodded and rubbed at his weary eyes. He gathered the family and together they proceeded to walk out the door. I watched as one by one slipped out and said my last goodbyes.

"Have you made the necessary preparations?" I asked. Jeremiah frowned but nodded as I walked past him towards the back exit of the small studio. There a driver awaited our arrival.

"I still think you should tell mom and dad." He said as we reached the car and slipped in.

"Look, I am not strong enough to face Dreven on my own, not without a bond between my Luna and I. We both know that's out of the question. The only solution to all of this is for me to hand my title over to you. You are married and have mated, you wear your wife's mark. The power you will receive will merge with the one you have now. It will make you nearly impossible to kill. Dreven won't stand a chance then." I explained.