The (almost) Kidnap - Chapter 3

2 days later...

When the school bell rung for the last time that day, Marinette zipped out of school and went straight to her room. She had an unbelievable amount of homework and if she didn't start right away, she would be there all night. There was a science project she had to work on, math homework, watching videos for Social Class, etc. 

It wasn't like she got a whole lot of sleep last night either (or this morning). Chat Noir had visited once again, but he made sure that Marinette got to bed earlier. 

They just talked on the balcony once again about the most random things. Marinette noticed how much he liked her company, which made her feel good considering she made him feel bad as Ladybug. They ate pastries and even stargazed for a little bit before he had to go.

 He left around 10pm but Marinette didn't go to bed until 2am because there was another akuma attack and she still had homework to do.

But the akuma attack wasn't as awkward as she thought it was going to be...

~Flashback~

Marinette arrived on the scene as Ladybug when she heard a thump outside her window. She really wasn't looking forward to seeing Chat Noir in her Ladybug form, knowing how unbelievably awkward it was going to be. 

Ladybug searched for the akuma. It wasn't hard to find at all considering it was taller than most buildings and had enough strength to carry the Eiffel Tower with one arm.

"That damn baby again", Ladybug cursed under her breath. When will he stop getting akumatized in the middle of the night?

She swung towards the giant baby, careful enough to avoid being mauled by the large feet approaching her.

She was about to be mauled until a certain kitty came in and got her out of the situation. He held her bridal style for a moment and until he set her down gently on top of a building.

They stared at each other.

For a lot longer than they should've.

But then the giant baby kicked the building and they went tumbling down.

Ladybug and Chat Noir ignored their awkwardness from the last encounter and decided to stay focused on releasing the innocent baby.

When they finally defeated the akuma, Ladybug was headed to the baby's house to drop him off. Chat Noir grabbed her wrist gently, pulling her closer to him.

"Chat I have to take the baby-", she argued until Chat placed his index finger on her lips.

"I know, I know. But I just had to apologize," His chat ears lowered themselves.

Ladybug turned to face him. "For what?"

"For telling you and for being in love with you-" 

"Chat! Are you kidding me?"

Chat Noir was taken aback by her tone and response.

"You shouldn't have to apologize for being in love with someone. And telling me, well, I think it was better that I knew the truth, don't you think?"