Stayed - Chapter 4

When they arrived on the balcony, Chat Noir set Marinette down gently. 

"I-I'm fine, Chat, I promise. Y-you can go home," Marinette's voice grew shaky and rapid. She was trembling after what just went down. 

"You're trembling. And I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here, with you," Chat Noir grew closer to her as she made her way to the trap door. He could sense that she was shaken up by the incident, and there was no way he was leaving her when she was like this.

Marinette pursed her lips and nodded, reluctant to arguing any further. He followed her into her bedroom as she sat on her chaise. She patted the spot next to him, allowing the black cat to sit next to her.

They sat in silence for a little until Chat Noir finally spoke up. 

"I don't like the idea of you walking in the streets alone, especially at this time of night," the hero turned to her. His eyebrows furrowed and his lips tightened. 

Marinette didn't respond. Instead, she turned her focus to something else in the room - something that gave her an excuse to twist her head away from his glance. She finally spoke after moments of silence.

"I don't want to sleep alone tonight," the bluenette hesitantly stated, still facing away from him.

 Chat Noir's eyes widened. That was one of the LAST things he thought she was going to say. But, it was the least he could do. Besides, if they were just friends, it wouldn't matter.

"Okay," he whispered, rising from the chaise. She finally let herself glance at him as she followed him to her bed.

They both lied down on her bed on their backs, almost 5 inches from each other's shoulders. Marinette realized her mistake when she realized how unbelievably uncomfortable they were in this position. They laid the covers over them.

"BUT if you steal the blankets, I'm putting my cold feet on you", Marinette laughed as she turned her body away from Chat Noir, now facing the wall. Chat Noir continued to face Marinette as he laughed at the joke she made.

They both fell asleep peacefully.

-----------------------

"Chat Noir snap out of it!" Ladybug screamed, dodging Chat Blanc's powers.

"Don't call me that!" Chat Blanc screamed, chasing her as she tried getting away.

"Listen, I don't know what has caused you to become Chat Blanc again. But please, you must fight it! You're a superhero! We fight Hawkmoth together, we don't join him", Ladybug pleaded as she ran and sprung from building to building.

"He's the only one willing to give me what I want!" Chat Blanc finally caught up to her and pinned her to the wall.

"And what's that, huh?" Ladybug asked under her breath, exhausted.

"You, of course," he smirked evilly. He swiftly grabbed her earrings, causing her to transform into her citizen form.

"How did I not see this before?" Chat Blanc stepped closer to her as she retreated further away from him. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a pathetic, low-life weakling." He laughed darkly. "I guess Hawkmoth can't give me what I want after all."

The last thing she saw was a kick to the face before her body jumped her awake. When she woke up, she was sweating and panting. Marinette sat up and glanced next to her to see Chat Noir slowly awakening as well.

"I'm sorry Chat, I didn't mean-"

"No, it's okay. What's wrong? Bad dream?"

Marinette nodded, lying back down before Chat Noir stopped her.

"Come here", the hero whispered, pulling her closer. Her head rested on his chest along with her arm wrapped around his stomach. His hand was around her waist, while the other laid on top of her arm. Her ear pressed against his chest, and she could hear his heart beat.

"Thanks, kitty", Marinette whispered sleepily. He smiled, knowing she was finally comfortable.

-------------------

The next morning, Marinette woke up to an empty bed. She suddenly felt downhearted that he left without her acknowledgment. He probably had to recharge his kwami...I hope.

The bluenette checked her phone and read 8:21. Marinette gasped and hurriedly got ready for school. Tikki tried helping by selecting an outfit for Marinette as she ran a comb through her hair.

Tikki picked her outfit and set it out for Marinette once she was finished with her hair:

Marinette left her hair down for the day and she quickly got dressed.

At school

Marinette rushed in, panting and checked her phone: 8:28.

"Oh my goodness, I'm finally early!" She exclaimed while running to class to avoid jinxing it.

"Hey, Marinette!" Alya greeted her as Marinette came and sat down beside her. She noticed that Alya, Nino, and Adrien were all talking before she got in, but they suddenly stopped once Marinette arrived.

"What are you guys talking about?" Marinette asked gently, grabbing her notes from her bag.

"Prom", Nino answered, his head resting on his chin. "So, dudette, who are you asking?"

Marinette grunted. "Nino, how am I supposed to know?"

"Well, I know who I'm going with", Nino wrapped his arm around Alya. Alya smirked and glanced at her boyfriend.

"Of course you know! You have a girlfriend", Marinette argued, folding her arms to her chest.

"Oh relax, Marinette. Don't worry, you'll find someone", Alya nudged Marinette. "Hey Adrien, who are you going with?"

Adrien had just been listening to the whole conversation, but hearing his name startled him. "Oh, uh", he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know-"

"Me, of course! Isn't that right Adrikins?" Chloe squealed while placing her arms around Adrien's neck. 

Adrien laughed nervously, slowly removing her hands from him. "Well, uh, I-I don't know. I mean I was planning on asking Kagami."

Chloe burned with anger at the thought of that blue-haired, no-good, fencing, boyfriend stealer. She stormed back to her desk and sat down abruptly. (don't worry, that's just how Chloe feels. I actually really like Kagami. I used to dislike her but she's a lot better in season 3 and 4)

"I think that's great!" Marinette blurted out. "You know, maybe I should take Luka."

Alya and Nino's jaws dropped. They honestly couldn't tell whether Marinette was being serious, or just plain jealous.

"Oh yeah, that would be fun. We could triple date", Adrien replied. Alya gave Nino a look as if she was saying "this is going to get interesting."