New Beginnings - Chapter 12

I feel like I should've mentioned before that this isn't going to be a ten chapter short story where everything is rushed. I like taking it a little slower just so the readers get the feel that the development is happening and it makes it more realistic. I'd say we're only halfway done with this story :)

Chat pulled away instantly after realizing what he had just done. He began to think he had ruined things until Marinette pulled him back into a kiss.

She cupped his cheeks, moving herself closer to him. The kiss was sweet, innocent, and soft. Chat moved his hands to her upper back and grazed it softly. Marinette kept one hand on his face and the other moved to the back of his neck.

Mutually, they pulled away, leaning on each other's foreheads.

After a moment of just being in each other's presence, Chat Noir spoke in a jokingly tone. "I didn't know you felt that way about me, purrrincess."

Marinette rolled her eyes and got up from the chaise. "You ruined it."

Chat Noir followed her and hugged her from behind, placing his chin on her shoulder. "Oh, come on. You thought it was funny."

Marinette smiled, placing her hands on top of his. "Sure, whatever you say."

Chat Noir angled his eyebrows in confusion. Just a few days ago, she had told him she liked Adrien. What changed so quickly? 

He removed his hands from her stomach and took a few steps back. Marinette turned to him in confusion. "What's this between us? I mean, didn't you just tell me you liked Adrien."

Marinette played with the bracelet on her wrist. "You know, Luka told me something earlier today", she began. Chat cringed at the mention of his name in a moment like this. "He told me that he still had feelings for me. And that he knew I couldn't return them because he thought it would always be Adrien for me. But when he said that, I realized something. I realized that I was so caught up with Adrien that I was never really honest about liking someone else. It blinded me from seeing the real truth. And the truth is, I like you, and I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize that...so what I'm trying to say is, I'm over him. If I'm being honest, though, a part of me will always love him. But with you, that doesn't even matter.  Spending all this time with you really made me realize how much I like you", she paused. "But, I'll always just be a shadow of your dream girl."

After her last sentence, Chat advanced closer to her and took her hands in his. "That's not true. I know I said that I liked Ladybug, but it doesn't even compare to how much I like you. To be honest, I've liked you for a while now."

Literally at this point right here, I went back and checked how much I wrote and it wasn't much at all-

"Soooo, what are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say that I want to be with you", Chat used his index finger and lifted her chin. "And I'm hoping that you do, too."

Marinette giggled. She lifted her heels relying on her tippy toes to hold her up. She pecked him on the lips and smiled. "You're so purr-suasive."

"You're becoming just like me", Chat winked.

Marinette groaned, pulling away. "You must be a bad influence then."

"Only for you", he smirked. Marinette pushed him playfully, shaking her head. "See? We're already a cute couple."

Marinette used her index finger, pushing his nose to push his face away from hers. "I know, I know. But chat listen, nobody can know about this. It's too dangerous for the both of us. You can't tell anyone that you're dating me."

"I would never do anything to put you in danger", chat wrapped his arms around her waist.

Marinette smiled. She reached for his hand behind her back, intertwining their fingers before she lead him to the balcony. It was nearly 2am, so it was very rare for people to be walking around.

Chat Noir was laying on the beach chair with Marinette on top. She was sketching designs as she was being held in his arms. Chat Noir was watching her sketch and occasionally glancing at the millions of stars above them. 

After a little, he noticed she had stopped sketching, and he knew why. He carried her to her bed, tucked her in, and pecked a kiss on her forehead. When he was about to leave, she tugged on his tail.

"Stay", she said drowsily. Chat nodded, laying next to her. He gently pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her, his cheek rested on the top of her head. 

Marinette was out like a light, but Chat Noir couldn't fall asleep. He couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Marinette's was his and he was Marinette's. 

Hahaha sorry I've never written a kissing scene before, can't you tell? ;)

Sorry for the short chapter once again hehehe. For some reason, writing chapters about comfort makes me sleepy??????? So I decided to just give you a short chapter for today so that I can give a longer one for you next time!

Hope you enjoyed Marichat fluff! Pls vote if u enjoyed :D