Pathological Liar - Chapter 6

The next day at school, Marinette and Alya were talking about her plans to ask Luka to the dance. 

"I can't, I won't be able to do it", her voice muffled as she placed her hands on her face. 

"Come on girl, he's gonna say yes. I'm sure of it!" Alya exclaimed, cheering on her best friend.

Nino and Adrien walked in together, hearing the very last sentence Alya spoke.

"Hey girls, what are you talking about?" Adrien asked, sitting in front of them.

Alya smirked. "Oh, you know, just discussing Marinette's plan to ask Luka to prom", she laid her head on her hands, waiting for any sign of jealousy.

"Oh, well if you need any help, you can always ask me", Adrien smiled, leaving Alya disappointed.

"So, Adrien, have you asked Kagami to the dance yet?" Nino turned to Adrien.

"Yeah, actually, I asked her yesterday after fencing class. She said yes", Adrien admitted. Marinette slouched in disappointment. Even though she was using Luka, it still upset her that Adrien wasn't going with her.

"Welcome back, Lila!" Ms.Bustier exclaimed. "My students, look who's back!"

Just wonderful.

"Hey, Lila!" Alya and Nino stood up from their seats and greeted her. Adrien and Marinette stayed behind, exchanging looks.

"I didn't know she was coming back today," Marinette whispered, leaning a little so Adrien could hear her better.

"Yeah, me either," Adrien breathed, glaring at Lila.

Marinette grew angry. She always thought Chloe was bad, but Lila is about 10x worse than Chloe could ever be. It almost made Marinette gain respect for Chloe.

Almost.

During study hall in the library, Marinette asked to use the restroom. She didn't actually have to go, but she burned with anger just watching Lila brag to everyone about her amazing (and totally fake!) trip.

When she arrived at the bathroom, the bluenette checked around the stalls and made sure nobody was nearby. Since the coast was clear, Tikki flew out of her bag. Marinette took out her phone and was about to text Alya to meet her in the bathroom.

Tikki was only out for a few seconds until she swiftly flew back in, which meant someone came into the bathroom.

Marinette whipped her head around to see Lila walking into the bathroom with a smirk laid out on her face. Marinette glared.

"I still don't understand you, Marinette. Everyone else seems to love me", Lila inched closer to Marinette.

"Maybe because they aren't aware of your lying ass", Marinette snapped. Suddenly, she realized her phone was in her hand, which meant that she could finally have proof of the real Lila! Making sure Lila couldn't see her, she pressed the record button and held her phone behind her back.

"Oh Marinette, if you're just jealous, say so!" Lila placed a hand on Marinette's shoulder. She shoved it off.

Marinette laughed. "Oh, you mean jealous of your lies?"

"No, jealous of the attention I get. And like I mentioned before, I only tell people what they want to hear. If it's lies, then so be it."

"Why would people want to hear lies?"

"Because they're naive. And I see that you're the only smart one." Lila turned, her back facing Marinette. "I'd congratulate you, but I think that would be too nice of me."

Lila walked out of the restroom, and as soon as she did, she clicked the red button again to end the video. She sighed in relief.

"Can you believe it, Tikki? I FINALLY have proof that she's a lying brat!" Marinette cheered.

Tikki flew out of the bag. "Marinette, what are you going to do with that video?"

"Show it to everyone so they'll finally believe me", Marinette paused. "Why? Do you think I should do something different?"

"It's your decision, Marinette", Tikki declared. Tikki wasn't sure of the idea. Of course, she hated Lila. But this could definitely end badly.

Marinette nodded and sent the video to Alya.

Alya third person POV

"It was on the Ladyblog, didn't you guys see it?" Alya asked Nino and Adrien. They both looked at each other, knowing neither one of them did.

Adrien laughed nervously. "Uh-" 

He was interrupted when Alya's phone vibrated. She checked it quickly. "Marinette sent me a video?"

Alya turned her phone so that the two boys couldn't see the video, just in case it was private. While watching the video, Alya's mouth hung wide open.

"Alya?" Nino asked hesitantly.

"I can't believe this", she said under her breath. "Watch this video." She gave her phone to Nino so that he and Adrien could watch the video together, and they had the same reaction Alya had.

Adrien stared in disbelief. Was Marinette really going to expose her?

"So, Lila is a....LIAR?" Nino asked, slight anger appearing in his tone.

"Yeah, and she has been this whole time," Adrien muttered, but loud enough for Alya and Nino to hear.

"What do you mean by that?" Alya demanded.

"Marinette and I knew from the beginning that she was a pathological liar", Adrien admitted slowly.

"And you didn't bother telling us?" Alya's eyes widened.

"I'm pretty sure Marinette told you", Adrien said flatly, resting his face.

Realization hit Alya like a punch to the face. She was such an idiot for not taking Marinette's side! To make up for it, she posted the video on her website.

"There. Now everyone will be sorry for not believing Marinette, including me", she said sorrowfully.

Later that day, Lila had seen the video. She checks the blog regularly to see what Ladybug is up to just to make fun of her.

But today, she was the one being made fun of. Everyone had finally found out that she was a compulsive liar, and it was all because of Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

 Hawkmoth felt the negative emotion, a vicious smile appearing on his face. Lila Rossi has returned.

Ugh so I really feel like my writing has gone downhill for some reason and I'm not happy about it lol. But I love writing at 12:30am bc I have nothing better to do! And also, what did you guys think of Rocketeer?