That's Our Thing - Chapter 11

PLS WATCH THE VIDEO I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD AT 1AM

Marinette woke up around 11am. She stretched her arms out and moped to the bathroom. Her phone buzzed at a sudden notification from Luka.

"Hey Marinette! There's this movie I want to show you. Would you want to come over and watch it with me?"

"That's odd", Marinette replied, placing her toothbrush in her mouth.

"Why is that?" Tikki sat on the edge of the counter.

"I mean, isn't he with that girl Nellie? Shouldn't he be asking her to watch a movie with him instead of me?"

"Hmm...maybe she was busy?"

"I shouldn't go", Marinette walked out of the bathroom.

"But I thought you two were just friends."

"Yeah, we are. But, I'm worried that Nellie will get the wrong idea."

Tikki narrowed her eyes at Marinette. "We both know that's not the real reason you don't want to go, Marinette", she said calmly.

Marinette sighed and covered her face with her hands and toppled onto her bed. "Ugh, that damn cat. I'd feel guilty if I watched a movie with another guy, even though I'm allowed to."

"You make the choice, Marinette. But just know, you don't need to feel guilty. If you want to go, then you should be able to go", Tikki smiled and hugged her friend's cheek.

Marinette smiled in return and placed a finger on Tikki's back. "You're right, Tikki."

--------------------------------

"That was a great movie! Thanks for inviting me, Luka", Marinette gave a warm smile, standing up from the couch.

"No problem, Marinette", Luka copied her smile and stood up as well. 

"So, I heard about Nellie", Marinette broke the silence between the two.

Luka's smile faded. "Yeah, she's great. But I don't think we work that well."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

Luka shoved his hands in his pockets. "No, it's fine, really. She's super nice, smart, and she even plays the guitar. But", Luka hesitated. "She's not you."

Marinette's heart stung at Luka's words. I knew something was up.

"Luka...", Marinette started. "I'm sorry but, I can't return these feelings. Not anymore. See, I-I like someone else-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. It will always be Adrien. I understand how you feel because with me, it will always be you", Luka smiled sadly, breaking Marinette's heart.

Marinette hesitated to say the next part, realizing her true feelings right then and there. She closed her eyes and tightened her fists. "Actually, Luka, it's not Adrien."

Luka was caught off guard. Doesn't she have like...an OBSESSION with him, though?

"Oh, well, that's your decision to tell me or not. But either way, I hope you'll be happy", Luka nodded.

"Thanks, Luka", Marinette pursed her lips before going up to Luka and pulling him into a small hug. She let go after a few seconds and waved goodbye as if she wouldn't see him for a very long time.

Her heart ached for him. She knew what he was going through because Adrien had never returned his feelings for her either. Marinette realized today that she was free from Adrien. She was finally able to let go of him after so long. It's not like she's 100% over Adrien, but she's over him enough to like someone else. Last night after Chat Noir left, she couldn't stop thinking about him. It had bothered her, and she never knew why. When she was put on the spot with Luka, she had admitted to something she was holding inside for so long. She never wanted to admit to herself that she liked Chat Noir that way. When she finally realized it, it was almost like she had liked him this whole time. Maybe she had, and she just never knew it until now. There was always something about him she liked, but she couldn't quite pick it out.

Later that night, Marinette lie awake, thoughts rushing in and out of her mind. The thoughts were interrupted when she heard a tap on her trap door. Marinette smiled to herself, knowing exactly who was waiting for her to open the door.

"I'm sorry for waking you", Chat Noir whispered, climbing inside her room. Marinette locked the trap door.

"It's okay, I couldn't sleep anyways", Marinette climbed down the steps from her bed to the floor, Chat Noir joined her.

"I'll leave so you can sleep, if you want."

"Don't be silly, I want to stay up with you", Marinette smiled. Her words made Chat Noir's heart race.

Chat Noir reclined on the chaise. Marinette sat at the edge by his feet. "So, what'd you do today?"

"Well, Luka invited me over today", Marinette said confidently, attempting to get Chat Noir jealous.

Chat Noir stopped himself from rolling his eyes. "Didn't you just hang out with him last night?"

Marinette giggled. "I also hung out with you last night. We just watched a movie at his house."

Chat Noir's jaw dropped. "Wha- hey wait a minute. You watched a movie? Together?"

"What? Are you jealous?" Marinette toyed with him.

"I'm not jealous. It's just, that's our thing", Chat Noir pouted, folding his arms and turning his head.

"Chat, watching movies isn't our thing. It' nobody's thing", she paused. "But do you know what our thing is?"

Chat Noir narrowed his eyes, his head still turned.

"You visiting me late at night every day just to talk about the most random things ever. And, it's something that I look forward to every day", Marinette admitted.

Chat Noir turned his head and sat up a little. "I look forward to it too."

Marinette's face flushed. Good thing it was dark outside, that way it was harder to see her face turn red. "Really?"

Chat Noir moved even closer to Marinette. "Of course. You're the only person that truly understands me. Not to mention, nobody seems to know what I'm going through, but somehow you manage to see right through me. You're easy and fun to talk to, and coming here every night is the best parts of my days, honestly."

"Chat, I-", Marinette was about to let him know that she felt the same way he did, but never got the chance to. 

In seconds, he grabbed the back of her neck with one hand and pulled her into a kiss.

Cliffhanger! Yay! Sorry for the short chapter but at least I'm writing a bit more often :)

Honestly this was so hard to write leading up to the kiss. I wasn't sure how to make it happen, but either way, hope you enjoyed it! Pls vote if you did :)