It's what had to be done - Chapter 21

Aight so I actually don't know how Gabriel gets to the basement so I kind of just said it was basically the same way he gets to his lair :P

The mysterious circle transported the two superheroes to a large, dark dome. The room was dimmed in lighting. Water flowing on the sides of a bridge leading to a coffin with flowers surrounding it. Gabriel Agreste was staring intensely at the coffin as white butterflies fluttered around him.

"I've been waiting for this moment", Chat Noir ambled down the bridge, Ladybug following behind. "Although, I never expected that it would be with my own father."

Gabriel whipped his head around to meet with the two pissed superheroes. He stood up straight and turned his body towards them. "How did you get in here?"

"Stop stalling and give us the peacock miraculous!" Ladybug offered a hand out, hoping that maybe he would consider giving it to her.

"What makes you think I'm giving up that easily?" Gabriel pressed a button, causing the coffin to open. It revealed Emilie Agreste, lying peacefully in the coffin.

"You- you kept her here this whole time? She was here, in the basement, this whole time?" Chat Noir raged.

"How else was I supposed to use both of your miraculouses to get her back?"

"Do you know how hard it was to try every day, by myself, to accept that she was dead? How I had to adjust to my life knowing she was no longer going to be in it? Only to find out that this whole time, Paris has had to deal with YOUR loss just because you couldn't do what I could do? And you put EVERYONE including Ladybug and I in danger just because you couldn't accept that she was dead?" Chat Noir yelled at his father, tears forming in his eyes.

"You would do the same if you lost Ladybug", Gabriel argued.

"I wouldn't go this far. And I would do anything possible to try and prevent anything from happening to her in the first place."

"That's what I tried too, but the miraculous destroyed her", Gabriel admitted, clutching the peacock miraculous in his hand.

"What do you mean?" Chat Noir released his stance at the sudden curiosity.

"That's why Mayura always got sick during battles", Ladybug said under her breath, loud enough for everyone to hear. "The miraculous was destroyed, making her weaker."

"Natalie", Chat Noir pursed his lips. "That's why I always wondered why mother and Natalie had the same sickness. It was because they both used a destroyed miraculous", Chat Noir paused, moving closer to Gabriel. "You were so desperate that you actually tried putting Natalie in danger, too?"

"She made her own choice. Besides, the miraculous is fixed now", Gabriel said flatly.

Chat Noir laughed. "It won't be pretty soon once I cataclysm the damn thing."

"Kitty, you can't keep destroying miraculouses", Ladybug whispered.

"I have to, M'lady. It's the only way we can stop him", Chat Noir got back into stance. "Plus, if the miraculous was fixed before, it can be fixed again. But only after we take care of him."

Ladybug sighed. She knew Chat Noir was angry and that there was no stopping him from doing anything he may regret. The only thing that needed to be done was get the peacock miraculous out of his hands and take him to jail for putting everyone in danger.

Gabriel turned his body around, his back facing the superheroes. He placed the peacock miraculous underneath his tie and transformed.

Chat Noir leapt off of the ground and attacked Gabriel from above. Gabriel rolled over and pinned him to the ground, Chat struggling to become free. Ladybug wrapped her yoyo around Gabriel's waist and threw him against the wall. 

Ladybug slid on the ground past Gabriel before bouncing off the wall for attack. Gabriel threw her onto the bridge.

Chat Noir went over the Ladybug and picked her up. "Are you okay?"

Ladybug nodded. "His miraculous is where his tie used to be. I'm not sure how we can get it, though."

They backed up as Gabriel grew closer to them. Chat Noir put up his baton to protect them. "Use that lucky charm of yours."

Ladybug used her lucky charm, a net appearing in the air. She glanced around the room. The water, the bridge, Chat Noir, and the peacock miraculous lit up, letting Ladybug know what her resources are.

Ladybug whispered the plan into Chat Noir's ear, nodding after he understood. Gabriel and Chat Noir began battling, Chat leading Gabriel onto the bridge. Ladybug secretly laid out the net on  top of the water, near where Gabriel and Chat were fighting. Gabriel was too distracted to notice. When Chat Noir saw that the net was laid out, he kicked Gabriel over the bridge, making Gabriel fall right on the net and sinking in the water. Ladybug wrapped her yoyo around him, dragging him out of the water and caught in the net, unable to move. 

"This is what has to be done, father", Chat Noir grabbed the miraculous from him and placed it in one of his pockets.

Gabriel detransformed, downing his look at his loss chances of getting his wife back. Ladybug and Chat Noir refueled, each taking turns watching Gabriel, and took him to jail. Once he was in a cell, Ladybug released him from the net and called "Miraculous Ladybug!" reverting everything back to normal. 

----------------------------------

Adrien and Marinette went back to the Agreste mansion, packing Adrien's items. 

Marinette hugged Adrien unexpectedly. "I'm so sorry for what happened."

Adrien set down what he was holding to hug her back. "We did the right thing. We saved Paris, once again. I wish things would've went differently, I wish it didn't have to be my father, though."

Marinette planted a kiss on his cheek before pulling away. "Yeah, I know. So, does everyone get to know our identities now that Hawkmoth is defeated?"

"Only if you want to, Princess", he smiled.

"It was really nice of Gorilla to let you live with him until you get your own place next year", Marinette packaged up a box and placed it in the box pile. 

"Yeah, but that won't stop me from visiting you every night", Adrien winked.

"I don't want you to stop visiting me", Marinette smiled.

 Ayooo this chapter has exactly 1111 words, make a wish (if that's even a thing). Anyways, this chapter was actually pretty difficult to write hehe. Buttttt, thank you for your kind comments and votes on my story! I appreciate it :D

alsoooooo sorry it took so long for me to update. I got my covid shot and my arm hurtsss and I had some side effects along with it. And then my internet was out for a straight 12 hours so yeahhhh.