The Question - Chapter 8

Marinette and Alya had to change the plan for asking Luka to prom since marinette got hurt. 

"Today is the day Marinette, prom is in 4 days!" Alya hyped up Marinette, attempting to help her gain confidence so she could ask Luka to the prom. "If you just stick to the plan, you'll be fine!"

"Yeah, but I heard that he's been seeing a girl named Nellie. I don't want to ruin things between them," Marinette's eyes flew to the ground as her tone got quiet and disappointed.

"Say WHAT?" The brunette's eyes widened in shock but quickly calmed herself down. "I'm sure it won't matter since all you two are is friends, right?"

"Well obviously, but what will Nellie think?"

"It won't matter because when her school has prom, she'll get to go with him. And I'm sure Luka will tell her that you're just going as friends," Alya paused and a smirk appeared on her face. "You know, you could've avoided this situation if you had just asked Adrien instead."

"Pfffft, right, like he would've said yes. That boy has TONS of girls who would go to the dance with him. Why of all people would he want to go with me?"

Alya rolled her eyes. You should see the way he's been looking at you recently...

"Well, you know, you're right! I'm gonna do it," Marinette slowly tried lifting herself from the chaise. Alya saw she was struggling and gently tried lifting her up.

"Marinette, I'm still so mad that she threw you against that wall!" Alya wrapped her arm around her best friend and they walked together to her door to go downstairs.

"Yeah, I know. It still hurts but I've been dealing with it. I'm starting to get used to the pain."

--------------------------------

"Hey Luka you have visitors", Juleka mumbled, Luka barely understanding what she said.

He chuckled lightly, lifting himself up from his bed and putting his guitar to the side. "Thanks, sis."

Marinette was seated in the living room on the boat, her knees bouncing up and down from her nerves and her breathing coming in short breaths.

"Marinette, chill! He's going to say yes, trust me", Alya winked before Luka entered the room.

"Oh hey Marinette, and hello to you too Alya", Luka smiled brightly.

"H-hey Luka", Marinette stuttered. She was going to stand up, until Alya shook her head and put her hand on her shoulder to stop her. The brunette soon left the room to give them privacy, hoping that Marinette would be able to pull this off.

Luka joined her and sat next to her on the couch. "What's up, Mari?"

"W-well I just thought that I'd ask prom to you.I-I mean ask you to p-prom", Marinette held a pastry box, the pastries inside shaped in the form of 'Prom?', and filled with colorfully decorated donuts, biscuits, scones, etc. "As friends."

Luka smiled. "Yeah Marinette, that would be great!" Marinette handed the box of pastries to him and sat up from the couch, forgetting that she still had injuries.

Marinette quickly sat back down, wincing in pain. Luka's one eyebrow raised in confusion. "Marinette, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I was just thrown against a brick wall ahahaha", Marinette casually stated as if it happened to everyone every day.

"What?" Luka gasped and sat up quickly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, really", Marinette rubbed her neck, staring at the ground. "Well anyways, Luka, just call or text me to discuss things. We should probably start tonight."

"Yeah that sounds good. I'll walk you out", Luka helped Marinette from the seat and walked her to the door where they found Alya."

"I'll take it from here",  Alya stated, whilst taking Marinette from Luka.

They waved goodbye to Luka while Marinette took a breath of relief. She was so afraid for nothing. How could she have been afraid before? It's Luka, one of the kindest people she has ever met. 

-----------------------

Later that night, Marinette had called Luka on the phone to discuss their outfits, times, and triple date dinner reservations. 

"So my dress is going to be pink. Are we going to be matching orrrr", Marinette scanned her dress that she had finished yesterday that was laid out on the chaise.

"Well I was thinking that I would wear a gray tuxedo and have a pink boutonniere in the pocket of the jacket. Would that work?"

"That sounds good, actually. Prom starts at 7pm on Friday night and goes until 11pm", Marinette put her phone in between her hear and shoulder so she could use both hands to put her dress away. 

"Alright, I'll pick you up at 5pm for the dinner reservations with Alya, Nino, Adrien, and Kagami."

"Okay, that's fine-",  Marinette was interrupted by a knocking on her trap door. Chat Noir slipped himself inside and made sure to be quiet walking down the ladder once he noticed she was on the phone.

"Alright, Luka, I'll talk to you later", Marinette smiled as she hung up the phone. 

Chat Noir's smile formed into a rest as soon as he heard the name. What was she doing on the phone with Luka?

"Hey, kitty", Marinette placed her phone on the desk. 

"You shouldn't be moving so much", Chat Noir distracted himself from the Luka situation by remembering Marinette's injuries.

"I've been feeling a little better, Chat."

"Alright, whatever you say. Soooooo", he paused after holding the 'o' for longer than he should've. "Who's Luka?"

"He's the guy that's taking me to prom. Or should I say that he's the guy that I'M taking to prom, ya know, since I'm the one that asked him."

Chat Noir nodded, trying to hide whatever odd feeling he was feeling inside. "You're going to prom, huh? Have you gotten your dress yet?"

"Well I actually made the dress", Marinette folded her arms.

"Really? Wow, I'd really like to see it."

"I'm not ready to show anyone yet until I'm actually wearing it on prom night", Marinette began arranging things on her desk. 

"What if I'm not going to prom?" Chat Noir leaned on the desk, trying to get her attention.

"Then you can visit me after 11pm on Friday night to see it", Marinette turned to him, her hands on her hips.

"Can't wait, princess", Chat Noir smirked.

Marinette didn't realize her face expression turned slightly disgusted when she thought of something. Is this boy really flirting with me right now? Like pls stop. 

"Anyways, are we going to watch another movie tonight?" Chat Noir sat down on the chaise as he stretched out his feet.

"Sure. And this time, I'll let you choose", Marinette giggled.

Marinette and Chat Noir spent the night laughing and talking over the movie "Bridesmaids".

"That was a much better choice than the movie I picked", Marinette barely could get her words out from laughing so hard, tears flooding her eyes.

"What are you talking about? I liked the movie you chose too. I guess we both have good taste", Chat Noir was trying to calm down from laughing so hard as he was talking to her. 

Once they were both calmed down and talking normally again, Chat Noir's ring interrupted their conversation by beeping, so he fled from Marinette's view.