Ares returns - Chapter 13

Reminder: I know I've said before that they were 17, and they still are, but they are seniors. Btw idk if I said in the story if they were in 11th grade/juniors, but just pretend I didnt say that if I did :P

I am only doing this because of a guy that is already 18 but still a senior. okay enjoy

On Monday morning, Tikki practically used all her strength possible to shake Marinette awake for school. When she finally woke up, she glanced beside her to see that Chat Noir had left her once again. 

When she arrived, everyone was grouped around someone, but Marinette couldn't see who. Surely it can't be Lila since, well, everyone knows she's a compulsive liar.

When Marinette made her way through the crowd, she recognized a boy from her past. "Ares?" Marinette gasped.

The boy had black, artfully messy hair that was thickly lustrous. He had heavenly deep blue eyes that were somehow alarming to stare into. His jawline was sharper than she remembered, and his face structure was highlighted from the rays of the room's lights. His style was similar to Luka's, only with a darker wardrobe. Ares had black ripped jeans, a plain white shirt, gray leather jacket, and a silver necklace.

 They mutually went in for a hug. The last time they saw each other was around 10 years ago when they were just 7 years old, although he was almost 8. They had been best friends since they were 4 years old, but Ares and his family left to go to America for an acting career when he turned 8. Recently, he had moved back to Paris since he was 18 and old enough to live on his own. 

Adrien and Nino walked into the classroom, confused of the crowd. Alya was already seated in her usual seat as the two boys sat in theirs. 

"Alya, what's going on?" Nino whisper-shouted, since the room was filled with chatter. 

"Some new guy came to our school today. Apparently, Marinette knows him", Alya explained to them. 

Ms. Bustier settled the class down as everyone went back to their seats. She told Ares to stay up front since she wanted to introduce him to the class.

"Alright everyone, listen up! We have a transfer student here named Ares. He came all the way from California in America! Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?" Ms. Bustier patted his back in assurance.

Ares took a few steps forward, examining the class. When his eyes flew over Marinette, he winked at her. Adrien noticed, his hands in fists on his desk.

"Hello class. I'm Ares, as you may know now, but when I was younger, I actually lived in Paris. I left because my family moved us all to California to pursue my acting career. My movies have made big hits back in LA, but I wanted to move back here once I was old enough to live on my own and make my own choices. So now, I'm back here permanently and with my childhood best friend, Marinette", he glanced over and Marinette, giving her a warm smile.

The class stared in awe as he walked and sat in the back of the class, right next to Lila. 

Since Marinette and Ares have known each other for so long, Mr.Damocles decided that it would be a good idea if Marinette showed him around the school. 

"And this is the cafeteria! Everyone's favorite room", Marinette exclaimed.

Once everyone got their food, Alya, Nino, Adrien, Marinette, and Ares claimed their seats at a table. 

"How was Los Angeles?" Marinette asked Ares.

"Well, it was quite an interesting city. But, I did get to meet a lot of celebrities! Although, it was tiring being chased by so many fans all the time. It sucked not being able to just be in public all the time and having to hide so much", Ares downed his look. Adrien felt sympathy for him since he related to him. He was mad though, since he wanted to hate him so bad.