Opening up - Chapter 14

writing yet another chapter today bc its pouring outside and I have no life so ahahahahahahahah enjoy u little twits.

That night, it was pouring rain outside when Chat Noir came to visit.

"Hey, you", Marinette planted a kiss on his cheek as he came inside the trap door. She got a towel and wrapped it around Chat Noir.

"Hey, princess", he smiled, knowing that it was okay for him to call her that now.

"You know, the weirdest thing happened today", she sat on her bed and glanced up at Chat Noir, who was also sitting down. "Adrien called me that earlier."

Chat Noir held in a laugh at his dumb slip up earlier. "He better not have. That's my nickname."

"Well, he said he called me that because on prom night, I looked like a princess."

"Hey! That's what I said", Chat Noir pouted. "He's not taking you away from me, I'll make sure of that."

"Kitty, you have nothing to worry about. I'm over him. Plus, It's not likely he'd call me that again."

"And if he does, don't be afraid to call me", Chat Noir winked. "So...anything interesting happen today?"

"Actually, yes! My old childhood best friend is back in Paris. I missed him", Marinette smiled to herself.

Chat Noir was beginning to feel jealous again, but he shook off the feeling. He may not trust Ares, but he trusts Marinette. Plus, he wanted to feel happy for her. "Really? That's great. Why did he leave Paris before?"

Marinette sighed. "He left to pursue his acting career at just 8 years old."

Chat Noir enjoyed seeing Marinette happy, but he hated the conversation being all about him. "Damn, at that age?"

Marinette nodded and stretched her legs. "Anyways, anything interesting happen with you, today?"

"Nothing interesting happens to me until I come here every night", Chat Noir leaned back, supporting himself through his stretched out arms.

Marinette recalled him always telling her that the best part of his day was when he came here. She became worried for him. "Kitty, are you okay?"

"Perfect as always, purrrincess", Chat Noir smirked.

"Chat, if there's something you want to talk about, you know I'm here for you, right?" Marinette gently placed a hand on his shoulder in reassurance.

His smirk faded and his ears drooped. "Princess, I don't exactly have an amazing life as most people like to think. My father never notices me and-", tears began forming in his eyes. "The only parent that actually cared about me.... is dead."

Marinette immediately took him in her arms without hesitation. She patted his head gently and pet his hair as he rested his head on her chest. "It's okay, I'm here", she whispered to him when she felt him shaking. 

"And...I'm afraid that I might lose you. I can't stand the thought", Chat Noir's voice muffled.

"Hey, no, you're not going to lose me. I'm not going anywhere", Marinette hugged him tighter.

After a little, Marinette swiftly grabbed his face gently and pressed his lips on hers. He responded immediately and cupped her face as he pulled her closer. She moved her hands from his face to his hair, playing with it a little. 

Marinette's phone rang, interrupting them. "I'm so sorry, it's Alya."

"No worries. Answer it", chat noir began kissing her neck instead.