The Wait~Hunter

A/N: wasn't expecting this to get steamy, but here ya go!

Lying beside him, you could hear his heartbeat. It's steady rhythm and the slow breaths he was taking in his sleep.

Hunter was a peaceful sleeper. Rarely stirring from his sleep for any reason.

As you layed awake beside him, you could feel his chest rising and falling amongst your back.

His sturdy arm wrapped around your waist, holding you tightly to him. His face was nestled into the crook of your neck. With each breath he took, butterflies erupted inside your stomach. It felt like you were a teenager again.

Sleeping next to someone, not with them, is the greatest thing you could ever experience. Feeling their warmth, their comfort, their pure love for you was like no other.

Hunter cared for you deeply and would do anything to keep you safe, to make you feel comfortable, and that included holding you late at night when everyone else had gone to sleep leaving you the opportunity to sneak into his bedroom just so he could be with you.

As you continued to relish in the feeling of his arm around your body, the butterflies erupting and dying down with each breath he exhaled onto your neck, you could feel him stir slightly behind you, taking deeper breaths to push him out of his slumber.

You gave yourself a small smile as he woke up because you were about to experience your favorite version of Hunter.

Sighing deeply and pressing a long kiss to your neck, which you leaned into considerably, biting your lip, "Good mornin' cyare" he whispered.

The sound of his voice alone made you weak. It was rough but so beyond sexy. You couldn't even comprehend how someone could sound like this, sound so angelic but masculine.

You whispered back, as it was only the early hours of the morning, "Good morning my love"

Propping himself up on one arm to lean over you slightly, you turned your head so you could meet his eyes.

"Sleep well?" he asked, removing his arm from your waist to glide the back of his finger down your bare shoulder and tuck some stray strands of hair behind your ear.

"With you, always" you smiled softly at him.

He returned your smile and the two of you stared deeply into each other's eyes. It was a tad dark in his room, but not enough where you could not see.

"You are so beautiful cyar'ika," he said, lowering his head to kiss the shoulder he had just been tracing with his finger.

You giggled softly, "I was just about to say the same thing about you" you smiled.

Turning your body towards him a bit more, you reached your hand up and brushed the back of it along his jaw and found your way to his hair which you brushed your fingers through carefully.

He didn't say it much, but he loved you being in his hair. Whether it was to pull him closer when he kissed you, or when you were keeping yourselves up late at night, or in moments like this when you just wanted to hold each other, he loved it.

As you continued to run your fingers through his hair, he would give you soft sighs and grunts of satisfaction. You knew how to work him.

Lazily opening his eyes, he looked back down at you as he was still propped up over you and guided his hand to your chin. Grabbing it, he held you in place as he slowly, oh so slowly, lowered his lips to meet yours.

He did this on purpose. Always did.

He loved to build up the tension, make you wait for him. He loved to see the eagerness in your eyes, the lust slowly course through your veins. He loved it all. And made you wait every single time.

This time was no different.

Staring wildly into his eyes, you knew what he was doing. Sometimes you became too impatient and he would take his other hand and pin both of your wrists down above your head. This always made you weak.

Bumping his nose into yours slightly, you readied yourself for the moment your lips would meet. You closed your eyes in anticipation as you felt his breath along your lips. You would try to buck your head up to meet his, but he still had his hand firmly placed on your chin.

You moaned slightly at the short distance that was between your lips. You just wanted him already.

His lips began to ghost yours, tracing them lightly.

He placed a soft kiss to the corner of your mouth which only agitated you even more.

Hunter began to place soft, wet kisses down your neck, along your collarbone. Each one made you wriggle more underneath his weight as you quickly found him lying on top of you.

You could feel every inch of him on top of you and that only made you want him to kiss you more.

You huffed slightly as he pressed long kisses to your neck once more. Paying special attention to the sweet spot on the side of your neck.

You moaned at the contact, wanting more. You could hear him chuckle at your frustration.

Working his way up to your ear, he kissed the inside of it. You could feel his breath flow through your ear and over your hair.

Softly, but with a tone laced with lust, "You just want me to kiss you now huh cyare?"

You whimpered in reply. You really did. You wanted him so badly it hurt. It hurt every part of you. There was no way you could ever imagine yourself wanting someone this badly, but here you were; willing to give anything just to be loved by him.

Kissing your ear once more and ghosting his lips back alongside your face, you didn't know how much more you could wait for him.

Hovering back over your lips, you could feel his breath fan out over yours and spill onto your collarbones. You could smell him so strongly from how close he was to you. You rolled your eyes back at the tiniest bit of contact he made with your lips.

You whimpered again, but it intensified the moment his lips were placed firmly on yours. Everything exploded.

You became hungry for him. You didn't want to let him go.

Letting go of your chin, he ran his fingers through your hair, letting his hand rest on the back of your head.

You sighed into him, taking every second to enjoy the way his lips moved with yours. Each of you fighting for dominance.

Biting his lip in between your dance for dominance over one another earned you a rather sinful moan from Hunter, who pushed into you further.

Your heart skipped a beat when you felt the warmth of his tongue slide between your lips.

(You can only imagine what happened next👀)

***

This had been worth the wait.

Pulling apart breathlessly, Hunter placed his forehead to yours.

You smiled at what was now a memory, the adrenaline still coursing through your veins.

Undoubtedly, if the two of you did not need to pull apart for air, you would have kissed forever.

Taking a moment longer to collect your thoughts and catch your breath, Hunter spoke, his voice rough, "I love you"

You smiled up at him again as the two of you pulled away from each other.

"I love you too" you replied sweetly, placing a short kiss to his swollen lips.

As he laid back down beside you, he placed his arm back around your waist and pulled you close to him once more.

With you facing one another, you took your hand and placed it to his jaw, whispering as sleep began to take over once more, "And I always will"