The Tragedy with a Happy Ending~Rex (Part 1)

A/N: I'm experimenting with second-person point of view for this one. This is not gender-neutral.

FemReader x Rex

ALSO! I have been cooking this one up for 3 whole weeks. Instead of being 2 parts, like I originally planned, it's going to be 4 parts. Part 2 & 3 are gonna be the juiciest. And part 4 is a guaranteed happy ending so buckle up peeps! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Daylight was just barely breaking through the window of your's and Rex's shared apartment. Being a naturally early riser, Rex awoke to see you sleeping peacefully beside him.

Often, around this time of year, Rex found you to be riddled with anxiety and fear, you were silently suffering. With Rex, you were an open book. You would tell him anything and everything. The only exception was your life before joining the Jedi Order. Rex learned not to pry quickly as when he did, it ended with you in tears.

This year, however, Rex hoped it would be different. He hoped that this time you would not be consumed by your unspoken trauma, but rather the celebration of an engagement.

Your engagement to Rex.

Leaning over your still sleeping body, Rex pressed soft kisses to your cheeks and bare shoulders. He dared not to wake you as sleep was your only sort of escape from the war raging inside your mind. After admiring your still, peaceful face, Rex quietly got up and dressed, heading out the door. He had to see General Skywalker and General Kenobi about something very very important.

Walking into the command center, Rex was greeted by a very excited Anakin.

"Rex! How are you? Are you ready for today?"

"As ready as I'll ever be sir" replied Rex, taking off his helmet and placing it on the nearby table.

"Oh come on Rex. This is exciting! You have nothing to be nervous about. You know she'll say yes"

"I know sir, I'm just afraid of what she's not telling me about her childhood. I'm worried she doesn't trust me."

Anakin and Obi-Wan quickly glanced at each other. Anakin looked down slightly, and neither replied for what felt like forever. To Rex, it seemed as though both Anakin and Obi-Wan knew something he didn't.

"She's been through a lot, and when she's ready she'll tell you everything," Obi-Wan said.

"Sir?" Rex questioned

Anakin quickly pulled a small box from off the nearby counter, attempting to change the subject

"Here. I had Padme take care of it as she seems to be better with these types of things than I am" Anakin said, slightly chuckling.

Rex reached over and took the box from Anakin's hands. Gently holding it in his gloved hand, Rex opened the box, speechless at what it held. Inside was a beautiful blue squared sapphire encrusted with small white diamonds, laying on a silver band encrusted with small white diamonds as well. It was just as beautiful as Rex had remembered when he bought it. Staring at it, Rex found himself speechless, memorized by its beauty and the thoughts of how excited you will be when he finally proposes.

Anakin chuckled over the sight of Rex ogling over this ring.

"The ring is beautiful Rex. And if I know my sister, she'll love it" said Obi-Wan, smiling fondly at his soon-to-be future brother-in-law.

Rex quickly looked up. Clearing his throat, Rex closed the box and placed it in a pouch on his belt.

"Thank you, Generals, for taking care of the ring."