For Me?~Crosshair

A/N: the love I have for this man is unparalleled. I swear Dave Filoni if you kill this man, I will riot. And that's a promise.

WARNING! Mentions and hints of sex.

Like come on y'all, you can't tell me he isn't a sex-machine. Like, look at him.

Have fun y'all!

If there was a word anyone could use to describe Crosshair, it would be unlovable.

Nobody saw or felt the things you did when it came to interacting with him. No one saw the smallest twinkle in his eye when he spoke to you. No one saw the way you looked at him like he was the only man in the entire galaxy for you.

Well, he was.

Cross sure had his moments though where all signs pointed to being unlovable. But you didn't believe them, not for one minute.

Crosshair may be a difficult man to understand and nonetheless love, but you still tried. And he loved you back in his own peculiar way.

***

You slowly woke up one morning, yawning at the sight of the darkness that still surrounded the ship as you and the Bad Batch were currently flying through the cold and dark vacuum of space.

Today was a special day, you could feel it in your bones.

Stretching your entire body, you know the kind that makes your legs shake violently, you reached over, feeling for Cross. Not surprised he was turned away from you and still fast asleep.

He wasn't an affectionate man and only showed his love when he wanted to and you were okay with this.

As the two of you had been together over the past year, he had gotten immensely better.

He would now kiss you in front of the others, it was only a small, short kiss, but you took whatever he would give you.

He would even cuddle you on most nights now, sometimes clinging onto you for dear life but you loved it all the same.

Now turning yourself toward him, you draped one arm across him and leaned into his back.

He wasn't the most pleasant person to wake up so you tried your hardest not to, only wanting to love him for a second.

***

After falling asleep a second time, you awoke to your fingers being played with.

"Mmm" was all you let out at the feeling and you could hear Cross chuckle a bit.

After taking a minute to wake up a bit more, you leaned over and placed your head on his shoulder, now looking down at his face.

His eyes were at first closed, but one eye shot open when you looked down at him and it stared back at you. It freaked you out for a second honestly.

"Good morning," you said as softly as you could and, of course, all you got was a grunt in return. That was his way of responding to you.

He continued to play with your fingers, tracing lines up and down them, scratching your palm, holding your wrist. You took in every second of it.

Leaving a small kiss to the top of your hand, he began to sit up, leaving you no choice but to remove yourself from him, leaving the warmth of his body for the cold of the ship.

As he milled around your small bedroom, trying to find pieces of his armor that had been thrown off of him last night in the heat of the moment (😏) he spoke to you as you continued to lie in bed, wrapping yourself tightly in the still-warm sheets from Cross' body, "Do you know what today is cyar'ika?"