All it Took was One Second~Kix

A/N: welcome back!

This is for the one and only Kix. Like can we talk about his glow-up in season 7🥵 like sheeshhhh

Anyway! Hope y'all enjoy!

Your heart, it was beating through your chest.

In every part of your body, you could feel it, pulsating, almost begging to be released from its bone confines.

The mere sight of him was enough to send your heart flying through your chest.

You had just started working in the trooper medbay, you didn't even know his name yet, but you didn't have to. All you knew was you wanted him.

From the moment Kix saw you, he knew he wanted you, needed you. You had just walked through the medbay doors for the first time and the sight of you stopped him in his tracks.

Your overall kindness and gentle demeanor drew him to you. That smile you gave him when he first introduced himself to you did him in. That smile, Maker that smile, made him putty in your hands.

Kix was generally a confident man. In his line of work, he had to be.

Kix was good at what he did and passionately did his job, but when it came to you, all confidence was lost to him.

He didn't know how to speak to you or approach you. Maker, he didn't even know how to look at you.

Over time, he gathered up enough courage to look at you, exchange a few hellos and some smiles but anything else was too much for him, made his heartbeat so fast he was sure it was gonna burst right through.

Your curiosity of Kix never ceased and it only grew with time.

You would occasionally ask him questions about his life and whatnot and Kix did his best to answer but the man was so smitten he could only muster out a few sentences before his anxiety got to him and he would excuse himself.

Your attraction to him never declined either.

He was extremely handsome and you worked your hardest to be assigned to the same shifts as him, not only for the possibility of speaking and working alongside him, but just to look at him.

From time to time you would ask Kix to walk you home, using the excuse of  'it's too late to be walking home alone' and he always agreed because he would never forgive himself if anything never happened to you that he could've prevented.

He would never admit this to you but he would often have nightmares of losing you. You two were nothing official but everything felt so right and he always wanted you to be safe, to be protected.

This man loved you and he didn't even know it yet.

A few months after your first day in the med bay, Kix's nightmares came true.

He was off for the night and you were working a double.

Kix pleaded with you to either pass your double off to him or let him just shadow you for the night but you insisted you would be okay.

That was mistake number one.

You promised him that if anything bad happened you would call him.

This was mistake number two.

It was nearing the end of your double and you were hurrying around the bay, trying to get things ready for the morning crew.

You had been so distracted with your work you hadn't noticed an unmarked trooped walk through the front doors and head straight for the supply closet that was holding ethanol, rubbing alcohol, acetone, and xylene-very flammable liquids.