Us?~Tech

A/N: Tech and Crosshair are by far the hardest clones to write one-shots for as I want to honor their character and personality. I hope I am doing right by them both

Also, there is no Omega in this one. She is also a character I have difficulty writing about, but I'll hopefully get it soon.

"Get back to the ship!" Hunter yelled

Your heart was racing, the adrenaline pumping. When you remembered to, you would glance over at Tech, admiring the way he always handled these types of situations.

He was always the calm amongst the storm.

***

This was never the life you had envisioned for yourself. Never the life your former master, Shaak Ti had envisioned for you either, may the Maker rest her soul.

You had worked alongside her on Kamino and oversaw the creation and training of millions of clones. She was like a mother to you; always kind and rich with wisdom. She held the clones in high regard and respected them always and in turn, you did as well.

There was a particular batch of clones, the Bad Batch, that you loved and admired more than anything. They were always kind to you, made you laugh when you were sad about a reg not making it through their trials or even their first battle.

One specific clone, however, that no more how hard you tried, you could never shake.

Tech was the brilliant mind behind the team and on their off days and in between missions he always managed to find you and the two of you would spend time together, you mostly quiet and him going on and on about different topics and naming facts left and right. You didn't mind it, however, you loved hearing him talk. You loved how passionate he got about certain topics. You loved how when he should be resting and getting ready for his next mission, he wanted to find you on Kamino and to sit with you and spend time with you.

***

You vividly remembered the day the Empire began its takeover.

Tech and his brothers had only left that morning to help Master Billaba and her troops on Kaller. There was a quick goodbye between you and Tech as you knew you would see him later that day when they were finished with their mission. However, when things began to go south on Kamino, you weren't sure you would see him again.

***

Standing in the viewing booth over the cadet training simulator, you and Shaak Ti, alongside three other clone commanders from various legions, were getting ready to watch the Barbarian Squad complete their trials. All the clones in that squad matched their squad name: Barbarians. They were all beefy and there was no doubt in your mind they would pass.

But as they began to reach the tower, something changed.

Both you and Master Shaak Ti felt it almost instantly: this darkness, the feeling something terrible was happening out in the galaxy. You could hear screams and angry shouting. It left you momentarily paralyzed, and then they started shooting.

All three commanders and all five cadets, blasters aimed at you and firing without a second thought.

You and Shaak Ti were able to take down two of three commanders and the cadets were having a difficult time aiming over the half-wall of the viewing booth.

You will never forget the last words your former master said to you, your second mother and friend, "You have to get out of here! Run!"

Without hesitation, you ran, leaving her to fend off the last clone commander.