You Don't Need Me But...~Boil

A/N: This one is certainly different from my last pieces. Hope it lives up to expectations 😬
Have fun!

Infuriating was not enough to describe him.

He got on your nerves and Maker, he really did. And it seemed like it was all on purpose.

You had done nothing to him, absolutely nothing.

You had only been recently working alongside the 212th on some of their missions and Boil went out of his way to get on your nerves. Rile you up and pick on you.

This man was as annoying as they came.

Such a shame he looked so handsome huh?

All that was ruined by his snarky remarks and bully-like behavior. How sad.

***

"Are you gonna pick up the pace or what?!" Boil yelled, racing past you.

You were on a conjoined mission with the 84th, your battalion, and the 212th.

Of course, you were beyond thrilled to work alongside the 212th yet again, you could not be happier to see Boil and hear his rude remarks.

This mission was to Felucia, securing it once again from the Separatists.

You were currently attempting to run behind enemy lines when Boil decided to pipe up about your speed.

You rolled your eyes and started moving faster.

Although the man made you mad, he did give you an occasional boost of energy. A boost of adrenaline because you wanted to prove him wrong.

Alongside you, your clone commander, Spike, chuckled under his helmet and you sent him a glare, cautioning him on making any more remarks about the friendly fire between you and Boil.

Spike enjoyed watching the banter between you two. You were unaware but it lifted the spirits of your men to see you like this. They liked seeing you get tested and proving others wrong. It made them proud to call you general.

Stoping and taking cover behind some fallen vegetation, you called out to Boil, "If I am not mistaken trooper, it would seem as though your attentions lie on me more than the battle"

At this all looked at Boil, even Obi-Wan gave you a smirk and glanced at Boil.

If it wasn't for his helmet, all would've seen the various shades of red he was turning.

He wasn't embarrassed that all attention now lied on him, he was embarrassed you were finally catching on to him and calling him out.

That's one of the many things he admired about you. You took no crap from anyone: troopers and Jedi alike. You snapped when you needed to and comforted when necessary. You spoke your mind even if it wasn't popular but unbeknownst to you, that is what made you popular.

When you had been knighted you noticed the increase of troopers from all battalions coming to you and confiding in you about a variety of topics: relationships, riffs between brothers, issues with authority, and so on. You sometimes had generals like Obi-Wan and Anakin coming to you for advice.

You were very loved and respected by all in the Grand Army of the Republic.

***

All attention was shifted from Boil to enemy lines when a new wave of droids emerged.

Immediately, all were commanded to fire.

Seeing some of your troopers fall to enemy fire, you looked around eagerly. Trying to find a fault in the wave of droids.

In being so many battles, you quickly learned battle droids are never perfect, no matter how well they are built. There is and always will be a fault in their march line. You made it a game, almost, to see if you could spot the fault before your commander, Spike.