You'll Always be Handsome to Me~Cody

Things had begun to get tough for Cody and me as the war against the separatists was picking up. Master Kenobi and the 212th were going on missions that were spanning over months and they always came back with hundreds of men dead. Every time Cody and the 212th were called out to fight in battles that were guaranteed to last months, I would become sick with worry. Cody always promised he would come back to me, but still, sometimes my mind got the best of me.

This time it was no different. Cody had been gone a little over a month and was due to come home this very day. I had spent the entire day worrying and praying to the Maker he would walk off that ship and into my arms, not on a hover-gurney draped in a white sheet.

As the sky got darker, and the streets busier, my fears only grew worse. He was supposed to be home midday, where could he be? To let my mind relax for a little while, I put on the Holo-net and prayed, once again, Cody would be home soon. I eventually drifted to sleep but was awoken when I heard the door open.

"...Cody?" I said. "It's me cyare" Cody replied. I immediately got up from the couch and rushed over to him, beyond happy he was home.

"Cody! I've missed you so much. I-" I stopped when I noticed he wasn't looking at me, but rather angled away and looking at the ground.

"Cody?" I asked. "What's wrong? Is everything alright?"

"I-" he began. "Something happened while I was out there." Cody began rocking on his feet, continuing to look away from me. I began to reach out to him as we were only a foot or two apart, but he flinched away.

"Baby? You're starting to scare me" I said. "What happened? Did you get hurt? What's going on?"

Cody's fidgeting was only getting worse and I began to hear him sniffle. At that point, I gathered up enough courage to reach out to him again. This time to lift his head up and towards me. He allowed me, but the moment our eyes met, I let out a small gasp. This caused Cody to shift his eyes down once again.

"Cody, what happened to you?"

Cody had a fresh gash across his left eye. It went down and across his eyebrow, narrowly missing his eye. At the top of the gash, it seemed to curve, creating a u-shape.

"Baby... you're eye..." I said.

"I know cyare..." Cody replied, with tears brimming his eyes.

The gash looked beyond painful and needed to be taken care of before it became infected and cause some damage to his eye.

"Come here love," I said as I grabbed his still gloved and armored hand and led him into the refresher. "Let's get this taken care of, and when you're ready, you can tell me what happened."

I decided it would be best to kill two birds with one stone and have him hop into the shower, to clean both himself and his cut. As I began to peel his armor off his body, questions and worry began to fill my head once more, but this time, Cody was there to sense my concerned thoughts.

"cyar'ika..." Cody said. I stopped when he called out. I looked at him once more and saw the tears begin brimming his eyes again. At that moment, everything came crashing down.

Tears began to prick my eyes and quickly grabbed ahold of Cody. Throwing my arms around his neck, I roughly pulled him to me. Letting myself sob into his neck. Cody was mostly silent, except for a few rogue sniffles, but he held my waist tightly. Occasionally, I would reach up and rub the back of his head as it brought him much peace and comfort when I did that. Standing there in his blacks, Cody began to pull away so he could see my face. I looked up at him and leaned up to touch our foreheads together.

As we leaned on one another for support, Cody spoke softly, "A gundark... a gundark did this to me..."

"Oh, Cody..." I whispered. "Let's get you taken care of". I turned on the water and began getting things ready so he could get in when he stopped me by grabbing my arm. "Cyare... please get in with me," Cody said, almost begging.

I looked back at him thoughtfully, with a small smile on my face. I reached up and cupped his jaw, " of course".

Finally stripping out of the rest of our clothes, we got into the shower. There was no sexual tension, no sensual yearning. There was only us and the great love we shared for one another. Occasionally I saw Cody wince when he blinked or opened his mouth.

Cody had always been one to take care of me. Loving me and caring for me even when he wasn't there. Cody was a true sweetheart and he, of course, would never anyone else know that but me. However, this was the one time I needed to take care of him.

I began to clean him off. First by washing his hair and slowly and meticulously rubbing my fingers over his scalp. Rinsing his hair out, I began to massage his back and shoulder, slowly working the knots out. Now and then Cody would lightly sigh or grunt at the movements. Facing towards me, after cleaning him all off, I reached up and lightly thumbed the start of his still red gash. Cody grunted slightly from the pain but leaned into the palm of my hand.

Having his hands already draped across my waist, Cody pulled me completely against him.

With the warm water still running over the both of us, we basked in each other's presence and the comfort of each other's arms. Reaching up, I traced circles along the nape of his neck and would run a hand through his hair occasionally. We held each other for what seemed like hours and eventually got out when the water began to run cold. I changed into one of Cody's tees and a pair of sleeping shorts and Cody changed into just a pair of baggy sweatpants, I had him sit on the seat of the toilet.

If this was any other time, I would have sat back and admired the muscles in Cody's arms and back and the way he was always toned, but given the circumstances, I saved the ogling for another time. Standing in between Cody's legs while he sat on the seat of the toilet, I began to grab the needed materials to patch up Cody from the medkit.

I began to warn Cody, "I'm going to put some astringent on, this may sting a bit". To acknowledge my words, he placed his hands under my shirt and on my bare hips. I began dabbing his cut with a cotton ball and Cody instantly winced, grabbing onto my hips tighter.

"I'm sorry baby... if I could take away the pain, I would" I said to him. Cody only looked up at me in response but the amount of love I saw in his eyes was enough. I grabbed some bacta gel to put over the wound to help it heal faster.

"Cyare? Do you think this is going to scar over?" Cody asked.

"Well, considering how deep the cut is, it will" I replied. At my words, Cody looked down.

Cody has never been one to be vain or cared what he looked like, as he had the same face like a million others.

Knowing the true meaning behind his question, Cody, however, cared about what I thought of him. Without having to have him expand on his question, I said, "Cody, no matter what has happened to you, you'll always be handsome to me".

As I said this, I hooked my finger underneath Cody's chin and lifted his head so I could look into his eyes. "Cody, I love you for you. Not for your face, not for your armor, not for your rank, but for you. And I will always love you".

Cody began to stand up and placed his hands on my back, looking me deeply in the eyes, he simply responded with "I love you too and I will be forever grateful for you cyar'ika."

The kiss we shared after that was like no other. It began to soft and slow. It felt like feathers brushing against my lips, but as I reached my arms behind his neck, the kiss deepened. And there, all of our "I miss yous" and "I love yous" we had missed over the past month were released into the galaxy. We held each other so close, it felt like we could become one. Pulling apart momentarily and taking one last glance at Cody, the smallest smile had formed on his lips. I slowly leaned up and kissed his freshly bandaged wound, knowing that no matter what injuries he may, unfortunately, receive from the chaos of war, he would always be handsome to me.