Let Me Help You~Rex

A/N: hey y'all. Imma be honest, I've been struggling the past week and I want to create some really good one-shots for y'all but I feel like I'm not doing good.
This is not gender-neutral either.
Anyway enough sappy personal stuff, enjoy some fluff! We all kinda need it after episode 8 of Bad Batch🥴

Being pregnant was not all that it was made out to be.

The headaches, nausea, the morning sickness, the cravings, and the damn human being you were growing were overrated. They all kicked your ass more than you would have liked them to and you were getting sick of it.

You were not a child person. Never saw yourself starting a family and having kids.

But that all quickly changed when you met Rex.

Rex was great with kids, loved them with all of his heart.

When you two had met, that was one thing that stuck out about him, he was amazing with kids.
You, not so much.

It honestly seemed like kids were afraid of you. Would rather hang out with Master Windu before hanging out with you, and that's saying a lot.

***

You and Rex had been married for over a year and you were loving every minute of it.

Having kids was almost always a topic of conversation months leading up to you finding out you were pregnant.

He would express his want for kids and there were many times you wanted them too and others you straight up said no.

Your response always depended on your mood that day.

Rex never pushed you into having kids. Never wanted you to feel you were obligated in any way. He wanted you to be completely comfortable with the idea since you would be the one to carry it and push it out.

It was all up to you.

***

About a month before you found out we're pregnant, you decided you were ready.

You had been spending some extra time with that younglings, training them and just playing around with them.

You finally saw the draw many had to kids. How magical they could be and how amazing their little minds were.

You finally realized that was exactly what you wanted.

When you told Rex, he looked like he was about to cry because he was so happy and excited.

It was time for the two of you to start your family.

***

The moment you found out you were pregnant is one you will never forget.

Rex had been given a week's leave because Anakin was on a stealth mission protecting Padme and the council thought it would be nice to give some of their troopers time to unwind.

You had felt particularly strange that week but you couldn't figure out why. To your knowledge, nothing had changed.

There were moments you felt completely sick to your stomach and would double over. In others, you were completely fine.

Rex, being the amazing husband he is, quickly caught on to the change in your moods and health. He was the one that suggested there was the possibility you were finally pregnant.

When he suggested such a thing, you had quickly brushed it off. There was no way right? You had only tried maybe a whole four times to get pregnant. It couldn't be.