We Begin Anew

Is there a tiger behind me ready to snap my neck with a power combo of a bite and twirl?

No sound of a bustling city, in fact, all the I hear is the rustling of leaves in a gentle yet slightly chilly breeze.

The ground beneath my feet is soft, but not like a quagmire that is eager to swallow me whole.

Like so many times before, I paused before opening my eyes.

Not necessarily fear to see what's actually in front of me, but to take a breather and using all of my senses to experience my surroundings.

Like a primal animal relying on all the defences his ancestors passed down to him, I felt oddly at ease.

The temperature is pleasant, the air slightly moist.

I am in an oxygen rich forest, though I hear no birds shirek nor animal in their usual daily chatter.

Might be they are all holding their breath, just like me, as they had seen a being suddenly materialised out of thin air; I am trying to get the general gist of what's around me.

There is the slight warmth brought by lazy streaks of sunlight, hanging like ribbons being blown in the wind.

And then someone touched my arm.

I jumped back and took up a defensive position.

As my body is in motion, adrenaline not pumping fast enough to prepare me for...

"Greetings, earthling, the traveller of planes and time, the ever observant overseer, recording wanderer. Your presence is much welcomed in the forest of in-between."

The words echoed telepathically in my mind, sending reverberations in ever tingling nerve of my body.

I snapped my eyes open and there she stood.

Though I sadly realized that she is merely a resemblance, a projected body of a higher being.

My love had left me forever, and I can only took up the curse of eons to pick up what the universe had recorded her presence.

"Thalia," my words are hardly audible as I almost chocked on her name.

"Yes, seer."

The tall blonde figure toyed with her hair that flows like liquid gold, tiny fairies and glittering particles darted around that silky hair of light.

I, my heart ached, she is truly gone.

What left is only a shadow of her, a manifestation, a consciousness lost in the universal mind.

I took out my sheathed sword, the blade glimmering then transformed in my hand.

As if the cold steel suddenly turned into liquid, they floated and bobbed in the air until they rearranged themselves into a tablet, with unknown languages long lost enscribed.

She touched the tablet and the words on it glowed.

She smiled as some of the words turned green like a juicy leaf behind hold against the sunlight. Then her brows knitted as certain words that turned red. Finally she blushed as the words turned a violet color.

"Seer," she reached out for me.

I lifted a hand that is filled with lead. Her warm palm grasped mine firmly, our fingers crossed.

Then with a slight pull, she took me into the air, we are drifting from... I looked down at the minimizing forest are realized it is in the shape of a gigantic maze.

To... A castle in the skies.

I closed my eyes and let my consciousness guide me aflot.