C- or A+?

Trifecta update

Previously on "Present and Past differs"

The pups are taking Ryder to Dorothy's sister  Bianca.

(Chase)
The last time I saw Ryder behave like this was when he was six or seven. He has changed a lot compared then. He's still cute though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bianca POV
I heard Dorothy talking to someone. I heard Marshall's voice out my door.

'Dr. Bianca!' He called.

'Come in, dear!' I replied getting things ready to check Ryder.

'Hello Doc'
'Good morning Doc'
'Hi Dr. Bianca, remember me?'
'Ice to meet you!'
'Who is this'

'Hello Chase' I said smiling at them. 'Good morning Skye! Yes Tuck, I remember you! Ice to see you too, Everest and Ryder, I'm Doctor Bianca. I'll be checking you today!'

'Checking?!' Ryder said agitated. 'Are you going to use a bright red marker and gonna put a tick, wrong or a "C" on me? I would like you to put "A+" on me though'

Everyone started laughing but Ryder was confused.

'What?' Ryder said. 'That's what you said, Katie! You said they check the paper after exam!'

Sounds like they were talking about school yesterday. Katie must have explained a lot about it to him since she has been to school.

'Oh no no no!' I said pulling him close to me but he pulled Katie along with him too. 'You can let go of her'

'Ok...' Ryder said as he slowly let go Katie's hand.

He still looked at her not wanting to let her go. Young love.

'It's ok, honey' I said looking at him. 'I'm going to ask you few questions. And you'll answer them, ok sweetie?

'Ok' he said.

'What's your name?'

'Ryder'

'How old are you?'

'The pups didn't tell me that'

'They didn't? Ok cutie! What do you like?'

'Techy Tedd!!!!'

'Who is Techy?'

'This is Techy' He said holding his Teddy bear. I can't help but laugh softly.

'From when on do you remember stuffs?'

'When? I remember....when I woke up! I saw Katie!'

'Ok! Now I'll have to take a scan of you'

'Scan? What's a scan?'

'You'll see' I said rubbing his hair. 'Marshall, can you take him to the scanning area? Dorothy will do the rest'

'Sure, No problem' Marshall said leading Ryder out the room.

I turned to the rest of the pups and asked 'So, what happened? Did he get his head banged somewhere?'

'Maybe...' Chase said in a sort of unsure tone.

'Doc Bianca, Two things must've happened' Everest said stepping forward. 'One, Ryder must have had a head injury from the fall and Marshall must have not noticed it. Two, Copycat must have done something when he was unconscious'

'Fall? Copycat?' I said. 'Either way we'll find from the results of the scan. Can you pups wait? It'll take an hour or two'

'Sure we can!' Skye said. 'Anything for Ryder!'

I smiled as I headed to the scanning area.

~hours past~
Chase POV
'I hope Ryder is doing fine' I said.

'Don't worry, he's in great hands!' Ella said, assuring me. 'Doc Bianca did take care of Tuck pretty well and she's very kind and patient too'

'But right now Ryder is her "Patient" and patient. Get it?' Marshall said giggling.

We laughed at his silly pun. A lot had happened the past hours. Dr. Bianca said something that literally scared the soul out of me.

Flashback

Dr. Bianca: I have a good news and a bad news

Marshall: what is it, Doc?

Dr. Bianca: The good news is, it's not a head injury.

Pups and Katie: Phew *sigh of relief*

Me: The bad news?

Dr. Bianca: The bad news is, Copycat somehow invented a chip sort of thing which is very minute. Minute enough to pass through an artery. There was a tiny scratch mark on his neck. Like you said, Everest,  Copycat must've inserted it when he was unconscious'

Skye: You can get it out of him, right?

Dr. Bianca: I'm not sure. I've never dealt this kind of surgery before. I'll have to call some other medical scientists. Till then, Ryder can stay here. I'll have to see whether the chip moves or does anything else

Tuck: O-ok...

Dorothy: He'll be fine pups! My sister has the best set of friends who are all best scientists of the world! They'll pull it off without hurting Ryder!

Zuma: Let's just hope they do...

Rocky: please be careful! Ryder cannot be replaced! He's very important to us!

Rubble: I'll die without him!

Ella: Hope for the best. Life is all about it...

End of flashback

'Don't worry chase' Skye said sitting beside me. 'It maybe a C in this test but Ryder will ace it in the next one! He'll be back with an A+ and all clear sign!'