A pet

Previously on "Atlast"

Ryder had woken up. Marshall was trying to be very careful about him. Soon Katie said that she'll take care of Ryder. What will happen next?

'You're under my control now!' she said, looking at Ryder.

He gulped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder POV
Katie will be taking care of me now...

'Ok, Ryder..' Katie said, sitting beside me.

'Yes?' I said, wondering if she would allow me to talk...

Katie just kept staring at me. I was getting scared my now, the way she looked at me gave me shrills! It was spine tickling!

Rex POV

I was out getting medicine for Ryder.
Marshall has asked me to buy some bandages, pain killer and some aspirin tablets.

I went to Adventure Bay hospital and got those medicines.

'Aspirin?' asked Dorothy the nurse in Adventure Bay hospital. 'Why does Marshall need aspirin?'

'I don't know..' I said. 'He is actually busy. He couldn't come down himself so I came. I don't know anything about this medical stuff!'

Dorothy smiled.

'Here you go,Rex!' she said handing me a package

'Thank you!' I said. As I rushed out of the hospital,I saw the little boy we saved day before yesterday. He smiled at me and approached me.

'Thank you!' he said hugging me.

'you're welcome!' I said. 'Whenever you're in trouble, just Yelp for help!'

'Can I come over to the look out?' he asked. I didn't know what to say. I don't think Marshall will allow anyone. He pleaded me.

'Please!!' the boy said.

'O-ok...' I said.

We made our way back to the look out.

Ryder POV

'First let's get you fed!' she said. Grabbing me a bowl of Chicken soup.

'Wait, wait, wait!' I said, looking at her. 'Are you going to feed me?' I asked. I'm not going to allow her do that and I repeat "I'M NOT A BABY!'

'You want me to?' she smirked.

'No!' was the only word that could come out of my mouth.

'Here you go!' she said, handing me the bowl.

It took me while to complete my chicken soup even though I was starving.

Just then the elevator dinged. I saw Marshall, Rex and a little boy. The little boy...
He looks familiar.

Marshall POV
'Hey pups!' we heard a voice. The pups were happy now that Ryder's okay. They were watching Apallo the superpup.

'Hi, Rex!' I said. 'Have you got all the medicines?'

'Yup!' he said. 'I've got all of them!'

'Who's that?' Skye asked. Just then I noticed the little boy behind Rex.

'Oh!' Rex said. 'He is the boy we rescued before Ryder. Remember?'

'Oh, yeah!' Zuma said.

'He wanted to come here' Rex said, looking at me now. 'So I took him with me. Is it ok, Marshall? Can we play with him for a little while?'

'It's ok!' I said. 'As long as he doesn't...'

Before I could complete.

'I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused.' the little boy said. 'I didn't mean to. Can I see Ryder though?'

I was about to tell no. But Ryder might feel good to know that the boy is safe and sound.

'Yes!' I said.

'Come on!' Rex said. 'To the elevator!'

And in a second, we were in the control room.

'Ryder?' I said.

He "nodded".

'Wait!' Rex almost shouted. 'Ryder's awake?! You didn't tell me!'

'Oops!' I said. 'Sorry! The pups already saw Ryder, when you were away.'

'Ryder!' said the little boy, running towards him.

'I am sorry.' he said. 'And now because of me, you're suffering.'

'Hey, it's ok!' Ryder said in a comforting manner, though his voice was crackling. 'You didn't do anything. And it was my fault that I'm suffering. I acted a bit crazy. I should have called the pups. It was my fault, not yours!'

'Thanks.' the boy said, hugging Ryder's hand. 'Can I play with the pups?'

'Sure!' Ryder said. 'What is your name?'

'Me? I'm Neil.'

'Ok, Neil. Be careful while playing!'

'Rex, can you please come here?' asked Ryder.

'Sure!' he said.

Ryder hugged him. He whispered something to him. Rex smiled and licked Ryder.

Just after that we ran back to the elevator and with the rest of the pups, we went outside to play with Neil.

Katie POV
Ryder had his breakfast or lunch. No! Brunch.

Then I made him drink some hot cocoa.

'I think I'm full, Katie' he said. 'I won't be able to drink it.'

I touched his forehead. It was still a bit cold.

'Nope!' I said. 'You need to warm up!'

He sighed and drank the hot cocoa.

'Good boy!' I said, patting him.

'Hey! I'm not a little baby. Ok?' he said.
I just laughed. He looks so cute like a little baby.

'So what do you want to do?' I asked him.

'Will you let me get out of bed, though?' he asked.

'No, but you can do anything in bed.' I said.

'I think I'll have a book to read.' he said. I handed him some books.

Time skip

It was now evening. The boy Neil was dropped back home by Chase.

Ryder was fast asleep. He's so cute when he sleeps.

I went back downstairs. Zuma and Ella were just chit chatting.

Chase and Skye were playing pup pup boogie. Marshall was doing something with his first aid kit, Everest was just looking at what he was doing. The other pups were cheering for Chase and Skye.

'I'm going to win, Chase!' Skye said, doing a backflip.

I watched the pups play and the rest of the pups cheer.

'Go Skye!' said Rocky, Rubble and Tuck.

'Go Chase!' said Rex and Tracker.

Soon the game announced that Skye was the winner. Then Skye and Rocky played.

The pups, one by one fell asleep. Skye fell asleep on Rocky. I turned off the game and covered them with a blanket each.

I slept in one of the guest rooms with Taylor.

To be continued...

I added a bit of Zella, 'cause Skyeortells wanted me to. Happy reading!