Dark past

This is the account of what happened in Ryder's mind while he was having his treatment.

Ryder POV
'Weirdo!' I heard a voice that I quite forgot.
A Bully.

I don't even know they're names! They tortured me until I wished that I wasn't alive.

I was a lost child. I was five years old. Katie, Cap'n Turbot and Kevin had found me unconscious in the bay.

In not even a day, the news about this mysterious kid had spreaded all around Adventure Bay.

I was that "mysterious kid". I had lost my memory, gaining the name mysterious kid.

In the same evening, I saved someone whom I later knew will always be there for me.

Chase

Mayor Goodway adopted me. But since she's a mayor she never did stay with me for a long time. Even if she did, she will be busy.

I share most of my things or thoughts with Chase and Katie.

I spend the most of the time with Cap'n Turbot on his boat, asking him lots of questions.

Everyone in Adventure will know me that time in the name "mysterious kid"

'Isn't that the mysterious kid?' everyone whispers to each other everytime they see me.

I'm ok with being called "mysterious kid" but when someone calls me "Orphan" I just can't hold it any longer.

Soon kids elder than me started to pick on me.

Mostly they call me "Wierdo".

Or nerd, useless, no Fun Boy.

Anyway I'm someone who usually does something related to science.

Just because I don't play with anyone they call me "no Fun Boy", "Spoiled" some even say I'm crazy.

Everytime I try to do something, the watchers usually laughs at me. And before even I could start to do anything they say, "You can't do anything! You're only wasting time!" breaking my heart.

Everytime I hear these words I wish I was dead. But ofcourse Chase and Katie comforted me everytime. Sometimes Katie even stood up for me against my bullies.

I would have never got this far without them.

I wish I was alive. I wish I would get some time to see Katie and my pups. Even if it would last only for a few seconds, I just want to tell them goodbye and that I love them with all my heart.

I felt something. I couldn't tell what it was.

Soon I felt a pain on my chest. It was hard to describe it. I was still numb. After the pain, I felt a soft pair of lips against mine. I felt wierd, I felt like I was being kissed.

Pain on chest then this... I declared that someone must be doing CPR on me.

This continued on. Soon I started to breath properly. Maybe I will live. I wonder who did CPR on me.

In no more than five minutes I felt warm. But still my body was numb.

I tried to move. Nothing happened. I tried to open my eyes. Still I couldn't do it. Again I tried to speak. No. I couldn't do anything.

Maybe I just need rest.

'He might wake up.'
'When?'
I heard two familiar voices.

Marshall, Katie

'Tomorrow? maybe??' I heard Marshall say.

What are they talking about? I couldn't make a head or tail.

Who will wake up tomorrow? Why will "he" be sleeping that long? Why wasn't Marshall sure?

Wait! Were they talking about me?

Yes! They were talking about me! Now, what did they say? Marshall said I might wake up. And he said..... tomorrow??

I'll wake up only tomorrow? That's discomforting.

Then I couldn't feel anything.
My mind kept going back to the past.
The same set of words, that I didn't want to be in my mind ,echoed numerous times.

"Wierdo"
"Crazy"
"Nerd"
"Spoiled"
"Useless"

Stop it!!!

I started to cry. Maybe not physically. But I was really hurt. I was longing for someone to embrace me. A voice to comfort me.

Someone to tell me that it's alright, it was only the past! Dont worry about it!