A narrow escape

Previously on "Trapped"

Ryder and the pups fell into a trap and were held prisoners by someone they don't know.

(Ryder) I felt someone hit me on my head and I fell unconscious too.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella POV

We were looking at the screen for a while now then all of a sudden we lost the signal of Ryder, Chase and Skye!!

'What happened?' Rubble said staring at the big screen.

'They must have gone deep' Rocky said thinking things over. '....deeper than Everest'

'Than Everest?' Tuck said 'We ought to try and call them!'

'Youw wight Tuck!' Zuma said. 'We have to let them know that they'we on the wwong twack!'

'I'll try calling them!' Marshall volunteered.

*pup tag beeps*

'Ryder!' said Marshall 'Come in! Ryder?'

'Bad luck, Marshall!' Rocky sighed. 'One of us should get down to help!'

'I'll do it!' I said with the enthusiasm I had left.

'No, I'll do it!!' Marshall frowned.

'No, Me!!' Tuck joined in.

'I'm the strongest, so I will!!' Rubble scoffed.

'Dude! I'm hewe too! I can do it!' Zuma said.

'Stop it pups!' Rocky almost shouted. 'We all will!'

'Lets go go go!!' Tuck shouted.

We all slid down on the slide and into our vehicles.

'PAW Patrol is on a roll!!' we all shouted in sync.

Chase POV
I was knocked out unconscious, I know it. I hope Skye and Ryder is okay.

I'm a police. I should be able to solve this case. So I went ahead of them and I fell into something and immediately was knocked out by someone. But who?

Copycat?

Perhaps...

But wouldn't he be guarding Everest?

Then who was it...

Maybe he used his powers to lock Everest somewhere...

'So long PAW Patrol!' I heard someone say and I immediately recognised it. Copycat!! 'Revenge time! Mwahahahahaha! *Cough* hair balls!'

Rocky POV

'This must be the cave' I said stopping near Ryder's ATV while pointing towards a cave.

'Uh? Should we all go in?' asked Ella.

'Yes!' cried Tuck who didn't want to miss the cave adventure. 'We'll stick together!'

'Yeah!' said Marshall 'Friends have to stick together!!'

We giggled even if it was a bit lame joke.

'I, Rubble and Tuck will take the left fork to find Ryder, Chase and Skye' I said taking lead. 'Zuma, you, Marshall and Ella take the right fork and search for Everest'

'Okay, dude!' Zuma replied.

'Let's find them, pups!!' I said and they cheered.

We entered the cave made our way bravely till the fork.

'Ok pups' I said 'Let's split up. Call me if something goes wrong, ok?'

The rest three- Zuma, Marshall and Ella nodded ok.

We continued our cave adventure. We walked and walked suddenly the cave floor gave away beneath my paws. I would have fallen down if it wasn't for Rubble! He pulled me just in the neck of time.

'Phew!' I heaved a sigh of relief. 'Thanks Rubble!'

'Nah! It's no biggie!!' he said.

I looked down into what looked like a pit.

'Does anyone have a torch?' I asked still peering.

'No Rocky!' Tuck replied. 'Shall I go back and fetch one from your truck?'

'Yeah! That will be great!' I said 'Bring three if possible. We all can have one! Just in case.'

He nodded and ran back to my truck. It took him almost twelve minutes to get back here.

'Here you go!' he said handing over the torches.

I switched on mine and again tried to spot the bottom of the pit. I saw something that almost froze me. My heart started beating like crazy, even Ryder's long lost parents, wherever they are, would have heard it.

'What's wrong, Rocky?' Rubble asked.

'R-ryder, Ch-chase and S-sk-ye.' I stuttered half afraid what could have happened to them. 'They h-have fallen into this creepy thing!!'

The other pups gasped and at once saw what I see now. There they are. Lifeless. Motionless. Cold on the bottom of the pit!

'We have to save them!' Rubble said.

'We will!' I said with the least much of confidence that I had left. 'But for my plan to work, we have to rescue Everest!!'

We were just about to go back and catch up with the rest of the pups when we heard footsteps.

And from the dark cave came out Zuma, Marshall and Ella!! With Everest!!

'Everest!!' we all whisper shouted in sync.

'Hey pups!' she smiled.

'Are you ok?' I asked.

'Sure, never better!' she replied.

'Great!' I said. 'Now Everest, do you think you can climb down this pit with your grappling hook then see if you can wake chase up. Then he'll be able to get the other two up with his Zip line!'

'Off the trail, Everest won't fail!!' Everest said. 'Woof! Grappling hook!'

Then down she went. I didn't know what happened but up came Skye on Chase's zip line, unconscious, attached to the zip line harness. Then it took a while for Ryder. Chase himself came up next. Then last but not least- Everest.

'Chase!' I whispered 'Are you ok? What happened!!'

'No time to explain!' Chase said. 'I'll pick up Skye. But what about Ryder? Surely we're not going to drag him all the way!'

'I have an idea!' cried Everest.

In less than two minutes, the snowboard in Everest's pup pack was underneath Ryder and her grappling hook attached to it. Atleast now he won't get so many scratches on his body!

'Ice or snow, I'm ready to go!!' Everest said and started pulling Ryder behind. It looked like she wasn't straining at all!

'She's a husky!' Marshall smiled. 'She would have done it earlier.'

I smiled back.

We reached the mouth of the cave, Skye on Chase's back, Ella on Zuma's. She got tired out of all walking.

'I'll take Ryder in my ambulance. Chase can take Skye, Zuma can take Ella and Everest...' Marshall paused. I knew that he wanted to take Everest with him but none of the others can take Ryder!

'I'll take her, Marshall!' I said. He nodded, not at all liking the idea.

We went back to the lookout. Boy what a day!!