Atlast!!!

Previously on "Guesses and confusions"

Ryder has finally started to stir up. He spoke, he moved then finally he woke up.

'Katie, Marshall?' Ryder said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marshall POV

Ryder smiled. I'm glad he isn't confused or distressed.

'You feeling okay?' Katie asked him.

'Mhm' he nodded back.

'Do you feel cold?' I asked him. 'Just nod your head. I don't want to drain all your energy just asking questions and making you answer.'

'I'm fine' he said with a crackling voice. Which sounded more like he has got a cold. 'My head kinda hurts though..'

So much for nodding...

'I said don't talk!' I said. 'C'mon! You just woke up! If you answer the next time I'll make you stay in bed till tomorrow!'

Katie POV

Marshall was ordering Ryder for everything for a next thirty minutes.

He had said-
"Ryder, don't talk!"
"Ryder, don't get out of bed!"
"Ryder, don't move!"
"Ryder, don't!!!"

I can't stop giggling.

And seeing me giggle. He laughed. But that led to....

'Ryder!!!' shouted Marshall 'No laughing neither!!'

'Gosh! Marshall!!' I said. 'Give him some space. Geez!!!'

Ryder nodded.

'Nope!' Marshall said 'Strict restrictions! And enough of staying up! Time for a nap!!'

'But..' Ryder started but got back from Marshall.

'I told you to keep quiet!!' he shouted. 'Remember Ryder, you're forbidden on speaking, walking, sitting!!! Only resting!!'

Poor Ryder....

'Hey Marshall!' I said. As I got a sudden idea. 'How about you take a break? I'll take care of Ryder!'

Marshall thought for a moment.

'You have been working hard, you need a break.' I said. 'I'll fill in for you!'

'O-okay' Marshall said. 'But after we inform the pups. They ought to know that Ryder's awake, safe and sound.'

'Ok!' I said. 'Shall we call them over, Ryder?'

He nodded yes.

Ryder POV
Oh god!!

Don't talk! Don't do this! Don't do that! Ahhh!!

I think I prefer staying unconscious than obeying Marshall...

'Shall we call them over, Ryder?' Katie asked looking at me.

She doesn't have to ask it. I'm dying to see them!!!

I nodded "Yes" since I'm forbidden to talk.

'Great!' she said 'Ok Marshall, go get the pups then you can take rest while I take care of Ryder.'

'Ok' Marshall responded and went to get the pups.

Katie? Looking after me?!! I don't know where this is going to end!! I have a feeling that she'll be stricter than Marshall. I've seen her taking care of the pups but I haven't experienced it. It's going to be new....

Just then my head started to hurt. I couldn't hold it. I winced.

'Ryder, What's wrong?' Katie asked me. Her eyes told me that she was worried about me.

'Just...' I started. Then another swift pain. 'M-my hea-d h-hurts...'

'Your head.' Katie said. 'You have bruised it badly. Marshall said that you haven't broken anything.'

I tried to nod. But because of the pain I couldn't do it.

I closed my eyes, trying to fight the pain.

Just then the elevator bell dinged. The pups were here.

'Ryder..?' I heard Skye. I slowly opened my eyes even in the pain and smiled. I know. Seeing me smile will make them happy.

The pups smiled back.

Ella came forward. 'How are you doing?' she asked.

I just nodded "yes" because of the pain.

Silence was ruling the place for a next ten minutes. I decided to break it.

'Chase..' I said.

Marshall frowned. Katie gave him a it's ok look. He agreed.

'Yes, sir?' Chase asked.

I tapped the side of the bed. Signalling him to come and sit. Of course he understood it. He slowly sat next to me. I pulled him into a hug. I was cold but he was warm..

'Thank you..' I whispered. My whisper could be heard by anyone because of the silence.

'Thank you for leading the team and saving me, Chase' I said. He licked me.

'I won't leave you,Ryder sir.' he said. 'I'll save you no matter what'

Then I signalled the other pups too. We all had a group hug. The warmest hug I've ever experienced....

I looked at each and every one of them.

'Thank you, pups.' I said.

'You're welcome,Ryder!' they all said together.

'But next time if you think someone needs rescuing take us with you too!' Tuck said.

'Yeah, Ryder!' Chase said. 'Promise me You'll not leave the lookout without asking me!'

What? I'm not a baby!

'Fine...' I agreed, knowing that Chase wouldn't leave without making me promise. 'I promise!'

They smiled.

'Ok pups!' said Marshall. 'That was enough! Back downstairs! Move it!'

'Bye,Ryder.'
'Take care Ryder!'
'Rest,Ryder'
They said and left. Even Marshall! But Chase was still here.

He looked at me.

'Take care, Ryder sir. I love you' he said, licking me.

I smiled back at him. At one point I kissed him.

He smiled back and left.

The pups had left me hot cocoa and some chicken soup.

'Alright!' Katie said.

'You're under my control now!' She said, looking at me.

I gulped.

Authors note:-
Just to inform you that there won't be any author's note in the upcoming chapters. I'll announce the author's note.
Best regards,
RyderCutie01