Chapter 11

i decided we needed alittle change. here's a little bit of darien's point of view woot woot!!

don't forget to vote, fan and comment! i wanna hear what you think and if i need to improve :) <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dariens POV:

I've killed a few people in my time, for various reasons, but seeing the fuming girl infront of me nearly drove me over the edge. I wanted to kill her on so many other levels it was insane. I was soo close to snapping, but lucky for her she had disappeared into the bathroom before i could even do something i might of regret.

My room once again filled with its familiar silence, almost cloaking me with its perfectness. i sighed soaking in her absence. it was pratically heaven.

Then i heard a muffled voice. I opened my eyes a headache settling in the center of my head. i could hear her muttering through the door, her words inaudible but i was pretty sure she wasn't complimenting me on my mannerisms. i sighed undoing my suit jacket and throwing it onto a nearby chair.

A thud came from the closed bathroom door, and i guessed that either she had kicked it or knocked her head on the door knob. I was kind of praying for the latter. I know, terrible me. i decided to ignore it and just continue with my own things when i heard what sounded like sobbing.

i frowned, walking to the bathroom door and leaning in, nearly placing the side of my head to the wood frame. This time i heard it perfectly clear the next strangled cry that escaped Salara's lips. The sound of it did weird things to me. I wanted to comfort her and make her stop.

i stepped forward raising my hand to knock on the door, but the sputtering sound of another  sob stopped me. The reason she was crying was because of me.  I'm probably the last person in the world she wants to hear right now. I decided it was better to leave her alone, and slowly dropped my hand till it hung at my side.

i turned just in time to see my bedroom door open. In stepped my sister Evelyn, her dark auburn hair tied up in a large bun ontop her head. She was dressed similarly to me, her torso clad in a dark suit with a white blouse and black designer pants.

"Ah, your back. Father wants you to go over last months shipment again. He thinks there are some discrepancies with the numbers." she looked up from a pad of paper she had been holding in her hand.

i just nodded, my mind wandering back to Salara who was still holed up in my bathroom. Evelyn must of heard something because her head snapped up to the bathroom door. i tensed knowing very well we weren't allowed outside company because of how easy it was to flip someone  in an interrogation room. 

"what is that?" she asked pointing to the door behind me. "is that a girl crying in your bathroom?" she hissed her voice becoming dangerous. Evelyn might be younger than me but when she got angry she was not one to toil with.

"yes." i sighed looking down at her. "its complicated okay." i groaned knowing she wanted an explanation. "who is she?" I looked at her levely again. "A girl i met at a diner, nothing big." i muttered giving a small careless shrug.

"do you like her?" she questioned, quirking her eyebrow slightly. I grimaced, "no, i just met the damn girl just a few hours ago." i shook my head, turning and heading into my office. I could hear her following me, the padding of her feet not far behind.

"i'm just wondering since you've never shown any concern for someone outside of our circles before." she muttered still following hot on my heels. "it's nothing Ev. i promise. its just alittle score to settle."

"we don't settle scores here. we settle them outside, away from us." she  said sternly folding her arms  over her chest. i turned to her a glare appearing on my face. "you don't think i don't know that already?" i snapped turning away from her again.

"than what is she doing in fathers house?" she hissed, grabbing my shoulder and stopping me from going any farther. "Because she saved my life!" i shouted my anger getting the best of me. "and nearly died trying. I owe her, her life Ev. We're not a bunch of animals incapable of feelings or gratitude." Evelyn seemed slightly taken back by my response, her head craning back to see me clearly.

i sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose with my index finger and thumb. "Can you help me out, just this once?" i muttered tiredly. "make sure father doesn't know until i can find away to get her out of here?" She looked me up and down once more before giving a curt nod.

"you are winding a very tangled web, darien. don't forget who's really protecting who." she glared before swiftly turning on her black leather pumps and stalking out of my office. I sighed running a hand over my face as i collapsed back into my chair. What am i really doing?