Chapter 29

Dariens POV:

When i had stopped tickling Salara and she had calmed down enough to look at me proparely her eyes seemed to glaze over. At first i was alittle worried thinking that maybe i had done something but her eyes seemed to trail down my face before landing on my lips. I watched slowly as her eyes seemed to fill with slight excitement and her lips had puckered, making her look so adorable. She looked like she wanted to kiss me but at that thought i frowned, shaking the thought from my head. Nah! salara doesn't look at me like that! then why the hell do i feel like leaning down and kissing her till we were both breathless?

I rolled off of her stopping myself from doing anything that i might regret. When i moved Salara seemed to wake up out of her little daydream her cheeks turning a bright red. The look of pure surprise and embarrassment was enough to make me smile like a fool. She was so innocent sometimes it was cute. god i sound like a little preschool girl. get a grip darien! god i'm loosing it. I was still slightly confused about what she might have been thinking about, but when i asked her, her voice seemed to shake slightly, before she mumbled goodnight, turning over so quickly i didn't have enough time to respond.

But seeing her lips burn an even brighter shade of red was enough to make me smile wider before i turned over, tucking my arm underneath my head before falling into a heavy sleep.

******

The next morning I woke up early like i usually did, my brow covered in sweat. I had that dream again. It didn't happen every night but when it did i aways woke up feeling sick to my stomach and a throbbing headache that would sometimes keep me paralyzed in bed with pain. The dream was the same every time.  My mother sitting in a chair, wrists and ankles tied with duck tape while a large white cloth was tied around her mouth, silencing her sobs. She was sitting in a pitch black room, nothing visible except for the chair she was sitting on. No matter how much i wanted to help her i couldn't.

All i could do was watch. As over and over again a man covered in shadow would execute her right infront of me. Sometimes it would be evelyn sitting in the chair but this recent one was of Salara. Except this time instead of being tied to a chair she was lying on a concrete slab her wrists and feet tied to its ends, her body clad in a blue sequence dress. She had cuts all over her face and hands, dark shapes forming under her eyes. I shouted her name trying to get her attention but she didn't hear me. They never did. Then like in all my other dreams a man in shadow stepped closer till he was hovering over her. Her eyes filled with terror as the man lunged at her making her scream.

They disappeared from view until Salara appeared infront of me again, but this time she was lying in a limp heap on the ground, her dress torn and bunched up high on her smooth toned hips. I walked over, her face coming into view. I instantly felt sick to my stomach. It was obvious from the deep red slices along her wrists that she was dead, but  that wasn't what made me nauseous. it was the look of the lifelessness in her eyes. The same eyes i had already grown used to seeing filled with amusement and defiance. 

I crouched at her side, my eyes burning and the back of my throat constricting. I lifted her into my arms, cradling her into my chest as i sobbed. Knowing that once again no matter how much i  wanted to i couldn't save the people i cared about. Now as i sat on the edge of my bed i had to keep glancing over my shoulder to check to see that my dream was infact just a dream. The sight of Salara lying peacefully beside me made me  feel better but that didn't loosen the tightness i felt inside my chest.

i glanced at the clock reading the glowing numbers. 6:50. Well i might as well get up. I knew after a dream like that i never fell back asleep. i got out of the bed moving as slowly as i could so as not to wake Salara before i headed over to the bathroom. When i passed her side i stopped moving till i was hovering over her sleeping form. Her brown hair lay in a fan around her head, her eyelashes casting faint shadows onto her cheekbones. 

I leaned down without thinking and placed a kiss on her forehead. The feel of her warm skin right beneath my lips made my body tingle and my chest to swell slightly. I sighed brushing a hair from her forehead with care before i turned striding to the bathroom. Wishing nothing more than to wash away my bad dreams and to hold Salara in my arms and never let her go.