Chapter 2

Michael dived forward his hand curled into a fist. the british guy didn't even seem to blink as he sidestepped him allowing him to move past before he reached out and grabbed him by the back of his jacket. He yanked him back and landed a punch right across his left cheek than swiftly wrapped his arm around his neck, putting him in a headlock. This guy defiinetly knew what he was doing.

"tell your mates to stand down." he murmured a smile pulling at the edges of his lips. "you'll let go of me if you know whats good for you fruit cake." michael growled. the guy restraining him, nodded. "very well then."

he twisted the guys hand behind his back and using his leg, forced michael's face to the counter, making it hit with more than a friendly thud.

"that's Darien to you dipshit." he muttered in michaels ear. "back off if you want your mate to walk away still being able to eat solid food!" he shouted to the football guys moving into help michael. Seeing how easy it was for darien to get michael to his knees told the others that his threat was more than valid. "Now i want you to apologize to...it is Salara, if i'm not correct, right?" Darien frowned up at me. i cleared my throat before nodding. "apologize to Salara and everyone else in this diner for distrubing their meals."

"fuck you!" mike growled from under darien's elbow. "okay." he muttered  lifting mike's face and slamming it back down onto the counter.

i flinched as i heard a crack. blood spluttered from mike's nose. "we're waiting!" darien chided. "i'm sar-weey!" mike managed to say between the blood and his broken nose.

Darien patted the guys head and helped him up, pushing him to his football buddies. "y-you broke mi pucking nose!" mike cried, clutching his face.

"I know, be glad i didn't do worse." darien smiled at the guy, grabbing his drink and taking another large swig. michael and his buddies filed out of the diner everyone wanting to get out there as fast as possible. i gave darien an impressed look, before he nodded towards me. "sorry about that." he motioned to the blood on the counter.

i shrugged, waving it off. "i've seen worse, but i could have handeled him just fine. i've delt with men like him before." i placed a hand on my hip feeling slightly annoyed.

darien chuckled, it was more of a mocking laugh than a real one. "oh really? and how exactly would you have 'handled' him?" he narrowed his eyes making air quotes around handled.

i smirked pulling up the bottle in my hand to eyelevel. "trust me, a little spray from this baby and a kick where the sun don't shine, and we're good to go."

he cocked an eyebrow, looking intently at the bottle. "i'll drink to that." he muttered, raising his 1/2 empty beer bottle and dowing its contents.

i bent down and grabbed another richards. "the next ones on me." i smiled, sliding it over to him. darien smirked raising his new bottle to me and downing half the thing in one shot.

"you in a hurry to go save more damsels in distress?" i teased, wiping the blood from the counter. "nah, one's good enough besides, duty does call." he shrugged, setting down the still half full bottle and sliding it over to me.

i frowned at the bottle. "aren't you going to finish your drink?" he chuckled pulling his wallet from his back pocket and dropping a ten on the counter. "i'm good. you look like you could use one anyways." i nodded before bringing the bottle to my lips and taking a swig. "SALARA!" i heard someone shout from the other side of the diner.

i froze forcing myself to swallow the bit of beer i had drunk instead of spitting it out. "Salara Kregan!" i heard again. i turned and came face to face with my red faced boss, Ms. Diphillipis. She was a demon and a half i swear.

"Did i just catch you drinking on the job?" she hissed, plucking the bottle from my hands. my mouth dropped my brain trying to scramble for words to save myself but i knew that this time i was screwed. royally screwed.

I had completely forgotton about Darien until he cleared his throat, both me and Ms. Diphillipis turned to look at him. His eyes were filled with amusement and a large smirk was plastered on his lips. "I'm still waiting on my change, darling." he pursed his lips trying to contain his laughter.

I glared daggers at him before i pulled the right change out and slapped it down on the counter infront of him. "On second thought." he murmured, placing his hand on the change and sliding it back over to me. "keep the change. you might just need it." he smirked before turning on his heel and leaving me to my doomed fate.