Chapter 23

hello hello everyone who is reading this!!! i just wanna say....SORRY. :( it has been ouber hectic and if you didn't already know my computer totally reset nearly deleting everyone of my stories D: i was all most in tears i swear but luckily this story was not touched thank the lord. but i must say i didn't upload because i kind of got stuck on what to write next. Anyways here is a chapter for you guys because i love you all and i feel bad so enjoy.

for those who haven't already and like my story please comment vote and fannn!!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i swallowed loudly watching as darien lowered himself to me, his lips only millimeters away. "darien-" i managed to squeak out as he smiled moving his head to my neck and kissing me softly. i bit my lip trying not to shiver in pleasure. Darien was so warm ontop of me and the feel of his breath on my neck made my heart quicken and my breathing to become shallower.

"mmmm?" he hummed into my collar bone. i knew i had to get him off of me or something would end up happening and that definitely was something i wasn't ready for. "t-tell me about your mother." i blurted out knowing that that was one subject that darien held very personal. he tensed on top of me his hands gripping my wrists alittle harder than normal.

I knew right then that i had gotten his attention. he pulled away, looking down at me with guarded eyes. "why do you want to know?" he frowned his eyes hard. "because if we are going to do this we might as well get to know each other." i breathed flexing my numbing fingers.

"you don't need to know about that." he mumbled letting go of me and moving to sit at the edge of the bed. "why not? darien, your past is what you are-" i retorted sitting up. "exactly! its my past. my future and my past do not mix." he glowered turning to face me with one leg hanging off the edge of the bed. my stomach did weird things when darien referred to me as his future.

I guess he had come to terms with us getting married. it was odd seeing him so calm about that fact, but i guess he was used to his dad ordering him around and this was probably nothing different. just another demand, just another order to complete.

"i know why your angry all the ti-" i started reaching out and placing a hand on his shoulder. "you don't know me!" he glared grabbing my hand and preventing me from touching him by holding on to mine.

"maybe i'd understand better if you just told me." i whispered quietly. he looked at me levely, almost as if he were calculating me or an alternative to telling me what really happened. we sat there for a few minutes not saying a word to each other but then, bit by bit he caved. he sighed running a hand through his hair as he looked off into the distance.

"what do you want to know?" he asked in a small voice almost as if all the energy had been drained from him.

"did you know your mother?" i asked shifting so i was sitting in a more comfortable position. he shook his head his eyes adopting a sad look, one i never thought i would see on Darien's hard features.

"no." he whispered quietly. "she was murdered right after i was born." i felt my heart sink. i wanted nothing more than to crawl over to darien and give him a hug, despite how much he made my life a living hell he was still a human being. confusion swept over me as my thoughts drifted over to evelyn.

"but then how would evely-" i started but darien jumped in before i could finish my thought. "she's my half sister." he whispered looking down at our hands entertwined together on his lap. "she looks alot like you." i murmured watching him stare at our hands.

"you mean she looks alot like my father." he scoffed shaking his head. "well i guess i should be thankful that she is nothing like him." he whispered opening my hand and tracing something onto my skin. "thats because she's alot like you." i smiled watching as darien looked up at me in surprise. "you think she acts like me?" i nodded.

"more than you think." i murmured thinking back to her dry humour and forwardness. that brought a smile to his lips as he returned his attention back to the palm of my hand.

"do you miss her?" i asked trying to ignore how distracting dariens fingers were getting when he touched me like that. so innocently and so unaware of what he was making me feel. "no!" he seemed to snap making me flinch from his harsh tone. he noticed this and seemed to think his words over letting out a deep sigh.

"no and yes." he whispered looking down at my hand. "at times i wonder if, if she had been alive today whether my father would have been kinder and less cruel to everyone around him. would he act more like a father rather than a member of the mafia.

but when i look at him and his cruelty i see that there would be no changing him. the reason he acts like that is because he likes himself like that. alone, independant, and completely in control." he muttered

"i love my sister, i do, but sometimes i wish i had someone there for me. someone who was not my father and who would be there when i needed them. but then in one reality i'd have my mother but not evelyn. the other being here and now, motherless but yet i have evelyn." he sighed shrugging his shoulders.

i reached forward and grabbed a hold of his hand and stopped it from tracing any more patterns. "the grass will always appear greener on the other side." i murmured looking at him intently. he let out a small chuckle. "well thanks fortune cookie for you're oh so gut-wrenching  advice."

 he smiled i shot him a small glare before hitting him on the chest. "hey don't make fun of my comforting skills, no one said i was a natural at this." i muttered pouting as i crossed my arms over my chest.