Chapter 42

Darien's POV

It had been almost an hour and I knew it was only minutes if not seconds before I would pass out. The car lurked dangerously close to the tree line that bordered the dirt road.

"Darien maybe we should pull over" Salara whispered, her hand touching my arm. I shook my head defiantly.

"No! I can get you there" I growled under my breath, shaking my head as the road infront of me started to blur and warp.

"Darien, you're burning up, please pull over!" Salara  ordered her voice laced with worry, as she pressed her palm to my forehead.

"I'm fine!" i shouted shaking off her hands. "No your not!" she shouted back suddenly grabbing onto the hand brake and jerking it upwards.

The car swerved nearly forcing us into a ditch. I cursed when we came to a full stop. "Why the hell did you do that?" i shouted feeling my strength beginning to disappear, my vision darkening around the edges.

I blinked rapidly, fighting to stay awake. "Darien look at me! where is it? where did you get hurt?!" Salara shouted, moving to my side and grabbing the side of my face, holding it level with hers.

I gasped, weakly trying to push her away. "Darien talk to me!" she shouted lightly slapping me. I jerked back surprised at the small burn of her slap. I loved seeing the concern in her eyes for me. I loved knowing that she loved me. and God I loved it when she got angry!

"I love you" i whispered, smiling at her. I grunted when I felt her slap me again. "Don't you dare say that like you're leaving me!" she growled, looking into my eyes fiercly.

"Now where are you hurt?" she asked, her eyes beginning to water. i swallowed heavily, even that simple task was becoming harder. My throat was incredibly dry and I felt like I hadn't drunk anything in years.

Weakly I pulled the side of my coat back, revealing the red patch of blood where that prick had caught me.

I vaguely heard Salara whimper before i felt her hand press into my side, making me hiss. "I'm sorry" she whispered. "You've lost so much blood" she whispered, her voice breaking on the last note.

I my head fell back against the seat, my vision beginning to black out for short intervals. "Darien! Darien stay with me!" I heard her shout, her hands cupping my face.

"I-I'm sorry" I breathed, forcing my hand to lift and caress her cheek. I could barely see the tears slipping down her cheeks. The sight made my heart tug inside of me.

"I'm not letting you go" She breathed. She pulled away from me, her hands grabbing onto my shoulders and pulling me sideways across the seat so that I was sitting where she was only moments before.

"You're not going to die!" I heard her choke, before i heard the sound of the door closing before I heard the drivers door open only seconds later.

"Stay with me Darien, please stay with me!" She whispered, forcing the car into gear and slamming her foot down on the gas.