Chapter 35

Salara POV:

i don't know what the message said on Darien's phone but it was enough to distract him almost entirely. After leaving the club we had climbed into the car and before i had even gotten the door closed, Darien had already stepped on the gas, tires squealing against the slick roads.

i gripped onto the sides of the dashboard like my life depended on it. almost as hard as Darien was gripping the steering wheel. His knuckles completely white and his jaw tight and flexed. 

Something was definitly wrong i just didn't know what and i knew better than to ask Darien anything about it, especially when his eyes were blazing with utter murder. The trip into the city to the club had taken a little over an hour, getting back, Darien had managed to do it in under 30 minutes.

talk about an urgent message

Dariens POV:

I've never been so worried about my sister in years, not since...he had stepped into eve's life. Just thinking about someone touching or even hurting my sister was enough to make me burn with anger.

I couldn't do anything to save my mother, because i was only a child, but damn if i was going to loose my sister now, when i had the means to protect her. 

By the time we reached the mansion i realized i had forgotton to blindfold Salara, though i doubt she actually remembered the way, since i felt her eyes on me the whole time. 

Just the feel of her presence so close to me was actually allowing me to think. but the closer i got to the mansion the more my thoughts kept drifting back to the problem at hand. 

When i pulled up in front of the mansions wooden doors and cement pillars, I yanked on the handbrake, not caring that i left the car on, as i jumped out, my mind completely forgetting about Salara in the passenger seat. Tim met me half way, his walk also tense and stiff. A few guys followed, standing behind him with their weapons drawn. 

"Where-?" Tim stopped me before i could even utter another letter. "she's in the basement." i nodded before moving past him, my path heading straight for the side of the house. "TIm get Salara inside and make sure she stays in the room." i called over my shoulder, not even looking back to see if anyone was listening to me.

A guard, opened the door for me, allowing me passage into the lower basement under the garage. I jogged down the stairs, grabbing hold of the large metal lock that held the one room down here sealed and slid it across, the metal grating against the supports. I pushed my way through the large steel door, my eyes searching for one person in particular.

A man was tied to a chair, his body slumping forward in it, but my eyes just passed over him, as if he hadn't even existed. At the moment he wasn't my concern. Evelyn was.  

When i stepped inside i felt a flash of relief seeing Evelyn perched ontop of one of the large tables set up in the almost empty room, her legs tucked neatly beneath her. I completely ignored the other person in the room and instead motioned for evelyn to come with me. without a word she jumped off the table and followed me back through the door.