Chapter 30

Darien's POV

when i had stepped out of the bathroom, toweling my hair dry i stopped short a little surprised to see my father standing at the foot of my bed, looking at Salara with a curious frown. i felt my heart speed up in my chest. The one person i didn't want farther from Salara than Xander was my father. At times they both felt like they were born from the same seed. Both as evil and as dangerous as the other. "Father?" i frowned trying to mask the tightness in my voice at seeing him so close to her. 

"Darien." my father mumbled turning to look at me his lips pulled up in an almost mocking smile. "Is there something that you needed to talk to me about?" i pursed my lips emphasizing the word 'me' my father motioned to my office on the opposite side of the room. I followed behind him, glancing back at Salara to see if she was still asleep and breathing for that matter. When i saw the gentle rise of her chest i couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief. with my father you could never be to careful. 

"close the door darien." my father commanded, leaning his back against the front of my hard wood desk, crossing his arms over his chest. I nodded without complaint and quietly closed the door. i turned back to my father taking in his cold stare he usually had on his face. "I have some business to take care of over seas. I hope you can hold down the fort here until i return?" i almost smiled with joy at the sound of him leaving the country.

"where will you be going?" he narrowed his eyes at me. "that is not of your concern. and i will be gone for how ever long i deem fit till the problems are solved and taken care of." i nodded my head understanding the tone he used to many times with me. "i leave in an hour. if you should run into some problems fix them yourself. don't come blabbering to me like a little kid who just got his ass handed to him." again i nodded knowing that my father would have no problem at all with putting a bullet in my head. 

he pushed off my desk, brushing past me without so much as a good bye. "and darien..." he said making me turn to look at him. "yes father?" i asked in a guarded voice. "i suggest you start working on the marriage preparation. time is running out and so is my patience." with that he threw the doors open not even caring that Salara was still sleeping in the other room. I cursed softly under my breath when my bedroom doors slammed shut behind him waking Salara up. 

"hey" her soft voice croaked from the bed. i looked up seeing her rubbing her eyes tiredly, her hair a bees nest on top of her head. "morning" i breathed already feeling the smile pulling at the edges of my lips. "what time is  it?" she frowned glancing at the curtain covered windows. I glanced at the clock on my bedside table and winced slightly. "7:34" i mumbled rubbing hand across the back of my neck. she groaned softly plopping back down onto the bed. "its so early" she whined making me chuckle. 

"no its not, you are just incredibly lazy." i teased walking over to the side of her bed. "exactly!!" she whined burying her head into the pillows. i rolled my eyes trying to take the pillow off of her. "Salara come time to wake up." i coaxed tugging gently on the pillow. she grunted shaking her head. "if you don't wake up, i might have to tickle you" i cooed poking her in the side. she jumped, jerking knocking her head against mine. we both groaned, the both of us rubbing the spot on our face where we had hit. 

"god you got a big head" i whined she giggled rubbing the top of her head. "well it was your fault you tickled me." she gave me a light shove sending me off the bed and on to the floor. i grunted when i landed on my tail bone. "oops" she giggled again peering down at me from her spot on the bed. "you are a recipe for a disaster." i grumbled glaring up at her. she smiled giving a small shrug. "guilty" she breathed. suddenly an idea came to me and a wicked smile slipped on to my face while he sheepish one slipped off of hers. "you should be running." i grinned evilly at her.

she jumped out of the bed as soon as i sprang up from the floor. "can't we talk about this?" she mumbled pleading with her eyes. i shook my head as i took a step closer to her. she turned to run for the bathroom but i picked her up making her shout in surprise. "Darien let me go!" she screamed thrashing in my hold. i just chuckled plopping her down on to the bed. Her expression was priceless and i had to laugh but i contained myself because the sight of Salara lying on my bed with a small pair of shorts on and only a tank top was doing weird things to me.

I leaned over her, my hands on either side of her head while a small scared expression slipped onto her features. "D-darien" she mumbled, her voice small. this position gave me an odd sense of deja vu. "I'm waiting for an apology." i breathed smirking down at an even more surprised Salara. "A-apology?" she repeated her breathing hitching slightly when i  trailed my lips across her jaw. i hummed in aprovement. "for what?" she asked her hand gripping onto my arm when i blew on her neck. 

"for making me sore." i breathed pressing a light kiss to her collar bone. she made a small choking noise. "s-sore?" i hummed again moving so i could look her in the eye. "yes, as of right now i have a splitting headache and a throbbing buttocks. I. want. an. apology." i anunciated making her giggle. i frowned wondering what was so funny. "you said buttocks." she giggled again her cheeks turning pink. "yes i did, and as i recall you have one too." i mused, flipping her over easily and gently slapping her on the backside. she squealed squirming from underneath me. 

the sound of her protestations was doing odd things to me and without even thinking i wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her into my chest, her back to me as i buried my face into her neck. "so how are you going to apologize to me?" i chuckled squeezing her gently. she turned her head so that she as looking me straight in the eyes. "i don't know. why don't you tell me?" she breathed her voice slightly husky. My eyes automatically darted down to her lips and i swear she pursed them on purpose. 

I was about to lean in and kiss her till she was breathless and till i had my fill of her but just as our lips were about to meet, merely a breath away, someone cleared their voice. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey you guys!!! just another chapter with more teasing but i hope you like, please vote and comment and fann i love reading them and yay to us we made it to the big three zero don't fret people this story is no where near finished.

who do you think is in the room with them?

where do you think dariens dad is going?

anyways tell me what you guys think and i promise to get back to you guys as soon as i can with my own responses and maybe another chapter.

:)

-jakie <3