1 | saying goodbye

I could hear the echo of steps heading towards my way, there was a knock at my door

I could hear the echo of steps heading towards my way, there was a knock at my door. "Willow, your friends are here." My mom says from behind my door.

"Coming!" I say grabbing my suitcases. She opened the door and asks, "Do you need me to grab one of these?" "Please and thank you mother." I reply running down the stairs.

My friend group was standing by the front door, we all huddled up in a group hug. "When will we see you again?" "How long until you can come back?" Questions were filling up the room like a ballon.

"I don't know guys, but I promise I will come back whenever I can." I say to them. In my friend group we had Me, Emma, Elijah and Leo. We were all some sort of group we all had a crush on one another at some point.

Me and Leo were sort of a thing before I left for the Team USA, which there I gained a crush on a boy name Charlie Conway. Once I can back to Phoenix nothing was the same between us.

There was a knock at the door, we walked over to the door and I opened it. "Hello your ride to the airport is here." A driver says. "Just a few more minutes." I say. "Look guys I'm sad I have to leave but-

Leo cuts me off, "Then don't go." The others nod. "Guys this is an amazing opportunity I can't just stay." They sigh and hug me. Leo had a tight hug on me, I couldn't help but wonder why.

We all say our goodbyes and my mom brought
down my suit cases, "Here let me grab those." I say picking them up. The driver offered to help bring them to the car, so I gave my friends one last hug and my parents said goodbye.

I got in the car and we drove to the airport, the whole way there all I could think about was Charlie. We had been sending each other letters everyday while we were apart and one day he just never wrote back.

I was excited to see him though, all I hope is that nothing between us changed. We made it to the airport and I went to bag check. I can't believe I'm leaving again but I have to do this.

I went through security and made it to my gate, there wasn't that many people at the gate so I should be fine. Before the flight I went to the bathroom, bought some snacks and water for the flight.

When I made it back to the gate they were calling people up and there wasn't many so I just boarded the plane. When I stepped into the plane all I could think about was what's if something changed between me and Charlie.

I sat down in my seat and dug through my bag for some ear plugs. Everyone boarded and I had the entire row to myself, I put my snacks and water in the middle seat next to me. The plane started moving and they checked if everything was clear and okay.

We got on the run way and took off, I dazed off and fell asleep for the rest of the flight. I woke up maybe 5 minutes before landing so I put everything away and took out my ear plugs.

We landed smoothly and I got out of the plane, someone was arranged to pick me up and bring me to the school so I hurried and went to baggage claim.

Luckily my bags were the first to come out so I rushed to the bathroom quickly and went to the bathroom. I had to look at a map to see where I was supposed to go for a pick up, when I found it I started practically running to there.

While I was waiting outside to be picked up someone came up to me, "Are you Willow Jones?" The man asked. "Yes I am." I reply. "I was arranged to pick you up by Judy Jones." He says.

"Yep!" I reply. Judy is my moms name, he took my bags and led me over to his car. I got in as he put the bags away, we drove to the school and man was it preppy. I come from a rich family so this honestly doesn't bug me at all.

He parked in the lot and got my bags out, once I stepped out of the car I felt the warm breeze of. It reminded me of Phoenix so I still felt like I was at home. I heard someone call, "Willow!" It was Charlie.

I ran over to him and jumped in his arm, he hugged me. "I didn't know you were coming today." He says. "Well here I am!" I reply. He put me down and kissed my cheek.

I grabbed my suit case and we went up to my dorm. When we walked up to my dorm I opened the door.

"Surprise!" They all yell jumping out of hiding. "Hey guys!" I say. Everyone walks over to me and we have a group hug, "So how was being back in Phoenix like?" Adam asks.

"Weird." I reply laughing. Charlie grabbed my hand and I looked up at him. He was around 6'0 and I'm 5'6 so not that much of a height difference, "Oo is the old couple getting back together." Averman says.

I shoved him, "Hey I'm just asking a question." He replies. The team laughs and we all talk for a bit, "Well we gotta go accept those scholarships." Charlie says. "Willow put your jersey on." Connie says.

I dug through my bag and I put it on over my t-shirt. Charlie grabbed my hand and we walked down to the front where we would be accepting our scholarships at.

The Dean said a bunch of crap but I was mainly focused on the varsity team who was standing in the crowd. Charlie wrapped his arm around my waist, I was visibly anxious and he could tell, "Willow are you alright?" He whispers.

"Yeah." I say shakily. I mean if these guys were as brutal as everyone says they are then I'm dead meat out on that ice. Everyone cheered and I snapped back into reality, I was pretty shaken up to be honest but at least I had Charlie.

I went back to my dorm and chugged some water, my roommate which was Julie sat next to me. "Hey are you all right?" She asked me. "Yeah uh can you get my inhaler from my bag." I ask taking deep breaths between each word.

She walked over to my bag and go out my inhaler, she threw it to me and I used it quickly. "Go get Charlie please." I say. She runs out the dorm and I continue using my inhaler.

She comes back and Charlie looks pissed, "Willow what's wrong?" He says frantically. "Asthma Attack." I say. He rubs my back and lays next to me. "Just calm down okay, take a deep breath in and out." He says.

I follow his instructions and calmed down a bit.  He hugged me and I laid my head on his shoulder, "I'll be right back okay." He says walking out of the dorm and Julie follows him.

They came back and I was taking a puff of my inhaler, Charlie sat back down next to me. I laid down and Julie left the dorm, Charlie laid down next to me.

"Hey it's okay Willow." He says grabbing my hand. "I'm confused about or relationship." I say completely off topic. "We'll do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asks. "Yeah duh I do that's why I'm asking you what's our relationship?" I say.

"You can be so oblivious sometimes." He says. "What?" I ask. "I'm asking you out." He replies. "Oh then yes I will be your girlfriend." I say. He kisses me on the lips for the first time. I pulled apart in shock and he looked at me.

I leaned in and kissed him again, "Dang your pretty good at this." He says. "I've had lots of practice." I say jokingly. "Wait with who?" says looking at me. "You can be so oblivious sometimes." I say mocking him.

He fake laughs and stares at me dead in the eyes, "I was just kidding." I reply and he sighs of relief, we laid down on my bed and just talked and talked.