eighteen | hurt

I woke up from Julies alarm like every single day. She was in the bathroom so I got an outfit out which was white sweatpants with a blank cropped tank top. Julie walked out of the bathroom so I went in.

I brushed my teeth, did my hair, out perfume on so basically just cleaned up. We went down to the cafeteria for breakfast like every other day, I sat down by Charlie. The varsity team all looked at me so I waved at them.

Scooter was looking at me with this guilty look but I ignored it. Charlie was talking about practice but I was completely zoned out, Russ tapped me on the shoulder. I snapped back and finished eating the French toast in my hand.

I threw away my trash and we all started walking towards our classes. I had to stop by my locker so Charlie went with me, he was talking about a practice test or whatever. I grabbed my stuff for that class and we walked in.

I sat down and so did he. Class started and I was able to focus, the clicking of peoples pens, pencils being sharpened and any noise you'd hear in school you could think of. I finished my test after 20 minutes and I laid my head down on my desk.

The bell rung so I went to my locker and exchanged books. There was a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and scooter was standing there. "What do you want?" I ask. "I just wanna talk." He says. "Then talk to yourself." I reply closing my locker.

I walked into the class and sat down. Charlie looked at me but I just wanted to finish up class. After that we went to lunch and I got the lunch from the school. When I sat down Charlie asked me, "What's wrong you've been sweating like crazy all day?"

"Just stressed." I reply taking a bite of my sandwich. Varsity came up to our table, "You guys were already low but now your lower." Riley says. "Yeah yeah your just mad we won." Charlie replies.

Cole pointed at me, "We're gonna make your life a living hell." "Okay have fun with that." I reply taking another bite of my sandwich. "Your so annoying." Another varsity player says. "I'm eating a fucking sandwich now is that annoying?" I ask.

"Your just obnoxious." Riley says. "Your face is obnoxious." I reply mocking his tone. Russ laughed, "You look a bit sweaty." Cole says. "No fucking shit it's hot as Satans nut sack in this school and I'm wearing sweatpants." I respond.

The ducks just burst out laughing, "Oh shut it like we said before Willow we will ruin your life." Riley says. "Pretty little lies." I reply. Riley walked over to me and I stood up. "I'm Rick Riley I think everyone needs to bow down to me." I say.

"I'm Willow Jones I think I'm super funny." Riley replies. "Ahaha good one you sure are hilarious Rick." I say throwing my trash away. I walked out of the cafeteria and just started walking cause I wouldn't wanna do something to get my scholarship revoked.

I stopped by my locker and got my next classes stuff. There was a tap on my shoulder and behold the whole varsity team was there. I put my stuff pack in my locker and closed it. The bell rung, I opened my locker again grabbed my books and shoved through them.

I sat down in class, we were getting new seats so I sat by Charlie. Class started and it was very boring, so we finished up the rest of the day and went to study hall. I got a table and sat down.

The others walked out and sat down, Scooter sat at the table near us and was staring at me. I started studying, I was almost falling asleep but every-time my head was about to smash into the table Charlie would stop it.

The bell rung so I got up and walked to the dorm, we had like 2 hours until practice so I fell asleep. Julie woke me up right before practice, I got changed and went to the locker room.

I got into my pads and went out on the ice, we started doing laps. Charlie skated up to me, "Are you sure you alright?" He asks. "Yeah I'm just tired." I reply.

We did our practice and I almost passed out a few times. I went back to my dorm and took a shower, there was a knock at the bathroom door. "I'm still alive!" I yelled out. "Okay just checking!" Julie yells back.

We had a game tomorrow and I was excited. Once I finished up in the bathroom I got dressed and went out to my bed. Charlie called me just in time, "Hey Willow!"

"Hey Charlie!" "So how was your shower?" "It was nice, so can you come over to my dorm?" "Why don't you come over to my house for dinner with my family." He asks.

"Sure! Can she pick me up in about 15 minutes?" I reply. "Yeah bring clothes for sleeping though." He says. "Alright bye love you." I say. "Bye love you too." He replies.

Oh god we're not even dating and just said I love you in a normal conversation. I shook it off and got dressed into some jeans and a tank top. I grabbed my school bag got everything ready for tomorrow shoved and outfit for tomorrow in their and my sleeping clothes.

I went outside to the parking lot waiting for Charlie's mom. She pulled in and Charlie was in the car, "Your not really gonna make her sit in the back by herself?" His mom asks. Charlie rolled his eyes playfully and sat in the back with me.

I held his hand and rested my head on his shoulder. We made it to his house and he grabbed my bag then walked up his apartment complex stairs. His mom continued making dinner and we went in his room.

We were cuddling, I had my head on his chest. His arms were wrapped down by my waist, "You're very pretty." He says. "You're are also very pretty." I reply. He smiled and I looked over at him.

I pecked him on the lips, "Dinners ready!" His mom called out. I got up and so did he, we walked out to the dinning room. We started eating, "So what's it like in Phoenix?" His step dad asks.

"Very crowded but I live in a gate community." I reply picking up a piece of chicken. "So part of the riches and snobs?" He asks. "I guess so." I say eating my chicken. Charlie just stared at him, "So you excited for the game tomorrow?" His mom asks.

"Yes I'm excited to be back on the ducks!" I reply. "It's a shame what they did to the JV team." His step dad says. I started shaking one of my legs like I do when I get anxious, Charlie looked down at my leg.

He grabbed my hand and I looked over at his step dad. "Well I had nothing to do with that." I reply taking a drink of my water. He rolled his eyes, "You had to be some part of it." He says. "George!" His mom yells.

"It's fine." I reply. "She truly didn't have anything to do with it." Charlie says. "I still don't believe that." He replies. "May I be excused?" I ask. "Of course sweetheart." His mom says.

I got up and walked into Charlie's room, they were all arguing out there and I was just sitting on Charlie's bed. He came in a few minutes after and sat next to me, "I'm so sorry about him." He said.

"It's fine." I reply with a shaky voice. Maybe I'm just sensitive I don't know why I was about to cry right now. Charlie hugged me, "Hey don't listen to him he's just an asshole." I cried into his shoulder.

"Just get changed into some comfy clothes in my bathroom." He replied. I got up dug through my bag and went into the bathroom to change. When I walked out Charlie was in sweatpants and no shirt.

He opened up his arms so I got on the bed and laid on top of him. We talked and talked until 1 am, I got off him and stilled faced him though. He pulled me into a kiss, I kissed him back and we sat there until both of us ran out of breath.

He wrapped his arms around me and I put one of my leg over his. I closed my eyes and fell asleep in his arms.