fifteen | the game

We hung out until it was time to go the showdown. In the locker room I got ready and stepped out onto the ice. I looked up into the crowd as I skated over to the other varsity players.

I saw Ben and Linda, then Charlie's mom. The ducks weren't out yet so I was a bit concerned. I looked over at my coach, why do I have to help them I don't wanna be on this team.

"Hey you alright?" He asks. "Yeah I'm fine." I reply. I looked up and saw Asher, what is he doing here. Riley skated over to me, "You help them win I'll get Jessica to do more then flirt with Scooter." I took my helmet off and started going for Riley but a few varsity players held me back.

We were warming up a bit more when I heard someone say my name in the crowd. I looked over and saw Leo,Elijah and Emma. I waved to them and warmed up again.

The ducks then came out wearing the jerseys from last year. We sat on the bench, "They don't belong on our ice, they don't belong in our school now show them why!" Our Coach says. I got up and out on the ice.

All the sudden everyone started chanting "Quack" over and over again. I smiled at the thought of last year and my old team. Riley shoved me, "Better not get any ideas." The Ducks got on the ice.

I was by Charlie, Adam was taking face off against Riley. The ref dropped the puck and Riley shoved Adam, I got the puck and started skating down the ice.

I shoved a few of them on the ground then shot but Julie saved it. We kept enclosing on the goal missing or the puck getting saved, "Get off of me!" Julie yelled. The ref blew the whistle and we all backed away.

Charlie tool face off against Riley, the ref dropped the puck and Charlie passed it to Dwayne. I started going after Dwayne but got slammed into the boards by Fulton. I got up as Fulton kept getting slammed into the boards by 4 other varsity players.

We got the puck but Julie saved one of my teammates shots. Charlie got the puck and Riley went after him slamming him into the wall. Charlie got the rebound and ices the puck. I skated over to Scooter.

"Man if I try my hardest they'll hate me." I say to him. "Hey it's alright just keep your head in the game." Scooter replies patting my back. I sat down on the bench and drank some water.

They started up again and Riley shot but Julie saved it. Everyone was by their goal, they cleared out and Dwayne had the puck. They made it down to our goal, Dwayne shot but Scooter saved it. I cheered, even though I wanted them to win Scooters my boyfriend you still gotta cheer when the accomplish something.

I got back on the ice and immediately got the puck, I shot but Julie saved it. We shot and shot but never scored it was the end of the 1st period still 0-0. I was still on the ice when I heard our Coach yell, "Pick up the hitting!" I took face off and knocked Charlie down.

The puck was everywhere, bodies flying all over. Everyone fell into the ducks goal and I got the puck. "Move out of the way!" Coach yelled. Everyone cleared out of the goal and we started playing again.

Skating back and forth to each goal was exhausting. I felt bad slamming some of my friends into walls, the ground anything. We got the puck and there was a open goal. Julie starting crawling back Riley shot but she saved it.

They got the puck, and Guy was going around the net when Cole slammed him into the wall. I skated over to him and shoved Cole, "Yeah were playing rough but don't hurt the kid!" I yell.

After a bit Guy got up and everyone cheered. It was almost the end of the 2nd period still 0-0 and Charlie was on a break away. I stood there hoping he would score. He was close and shot but Scooter saved it.