Chapter 23: paying Michael a visit

"Hey Mich, what's up?" Michael asked surprised to see Michelle standing in front of him. He opened the door and let her in. "Mich, this one you came to my house hope am safe?" She asked again with amusement in his voice.

This is the first time Michelle is coming to his house since he moved out is their family house. Michelle sat down on the cushion looking around "it's a nice place. I love your taste" she said dryly whole Michael nodded

"Thanks it's was actually Anna's taste". He said chuckling as of he remembered something funny.

"Hm. speaking of Anna, she ain't at home?" Michelle asked looking at a picture on the wall. She stood to take a closer look at it.

"Yeah, she went to school to collect her documents and stuff" Michael said

"Hm" Michelle hummed nodding. She traced the picture with her fingers. Tears threatened to fall but she fought it back. It was a picture of her brother and his friend Japhet the father of her unborn baby who she doesn't know where he is now. Michael noticing her discomfort asked again

"Michelle, you sure you're okay, hope all is well?" Michelle snapped immediately to reality. She let out a fake smile towards her brother and moved to take a look at the other pictures. "Am super good" she said smiling. Looking at all the pictures, She discovered that there's no single picture of Miranda. Even in their family photo her picture was edited to Anna.

"You still haven't accepted Mira as your sister?" She asked him cooly. He nodded

"I have other important things to accept, do no time for that" he States flatly "water, drink or food?" He asked "what!" Michelle said in surprise. She thought he would've outgrown the mentality he has with their father that Miranda is an illegitimate child from their mom's one time unfaithfulness. She shook her head

"No am fine" Michael nodded. "So why are you here?" He asked for the fifth time. She turned and walked towards him.

"I haven't seen Japhet for a while now, was wondering if you know where he is?" She said looking directly in his eyes. He is the only one that can give him a answer that will determine her fate.

"Well, yeah Japhet travelled out of the country and..." He was still talking when Michelle cut him off.

"What did you just say?. He travelled out of the country! When?" Michael looked taken aback a little but he just let it slide.

"Last three weeks I guess, hope there's no problem?" Michael asked sensing Michelle's mood changing.

"Wow, last three weeks huh! Have you contacted him since then?' she asked.

"Nope, I think he changed his contact and stuff. Michelle hope there's no problem, why all this questions?". Michael asked getting worked up about Michelle's avoidance of his question. She face him one last look before turning to pick up her clutch bag.

"I'll be on my way now" she said as she start walking towards the door. "Michelle fucking answer me. Are you okay?" Michael shouted this time dragging her back. She shook abd spat angrily at him

"Michael you're asking if am okay, do I look fucking okay?. Your asshole best friend got me pregnant and left the country without telling me. He fucking changed his contact so no one will be able to reach him. How do you expect me to be okay!" She yelled in tears.

Michael was shocked at this. Her sister is pregnant with Japhet's child, how did it happen. The door opened and Anna came in "babe am ba..." She swallowed the rest if the word seeing the scene in her house. "Michelle..." She trailed off.

"Are you guys dating?" Michael asked trying to see the possibility of what Michelle has said

"No we are not" she said in tears.

"Then how come you're pregnant with his child?" He asked again his curiosity rising more with each answer Michelle gives him. Anna gasped at his question. Michelle kept silence staring at the floor. How will she explain this without her brother hating her. "Fucking answer me Michelle!" Frustrated Michael yelled causing Michelle and Anna to shook.

"It... It was a one night thing. I was broken and vulnerable after I caught Victor cheating on me. I followed Japhet home and started drinking, we kissed and things got heated up and that's it. But I really didn't mean for it to happen. I was vulnerable at that time am sorry please don't hate me. I never thought of this part am..." She started crying.

"Fuck. I can't believe this. Does Mom and Dad know?" He asked.

"Mom knows what, I don't know about Dad" she answered quietly. Michael stared at her from head to toe. Truly he was disappointed. His sister will never learn. She never knew shell get this low bad stupid. He just finished convincing their father that Michelle can handle his company three days ago and now this. He shook his head and left maybe he needed air and space probably.

Michelle let out a loud sob. Her fear is here already her brother hates her now. Anna rushed towards her and hugged her "everything will be okay" she consoled. Michelle released herself from Anna's grip to look at her.

"How and when Anna. What and what will be okay. He hates me now. My father... He... I am now all he said I am" she sobbed more.

"It's okay Mich. It's just nine months and it will be over. You can do it" Anna said. Michelle pushed her off

"What did you just say. You think am gonna fucking keep this..." She laughed loudly. A painful laugh

"Last thing I want is for my dignity as a woman to be tamed. I can't stand my father knowing he is right. God damn it" she left with that.

"Michelle no stop! Anna called out but she has left already.

A/N

Is the double update for me!

Imagine having a brother like Michael. Mehn it sucks.
Buh I still like him though.

So tired guys. Am starting college tomorrow I can't wait (squealing).
Buh bad news my updates might be slowed down but there's a solution to every problem right (winks)

Ok bye y'all and don't forget that I love y'all ❤️❤️