Chapter 13: Neglected Mira

Michelle came back later at night from her lunch date with Victor. He had suggested she follows him home but she declined. She entered the sitting room feeling so weak from the whole fun she had with Victor.

she sat down on the coach and saw someone lying down on the couch beside her shivering. "Mira" she called out as she knelt before her shivering sister "what's wrong?, where is everybody?" she asked her, Mira tried to speak but couldn't get the word out of her mouth.

"Stay still am coming" Michelle said as she ran upstairs to check on her brother, Anna and probably her mother but no one is at home. 'where could they be?' she asked herself. She changed her clothes grabbed her car keys and rush downstairs, helping her sister to stand and walk.

She took her to the hospital the nurse was telling her to take a card and pay, that was when it dawned on her that she forgot her purse and card. She looked at her sister who looks like she will die any more minutes wasted. "Shit not now" she muttered as she dialed the only saviors number. "pick up pick up", she hissed and tried again. The call was picked "Am at the hospital, my sister is very sick and am not with any money on me please come and...." before she could finish the other person on  the phone said "I'll be there" and hunged up.

She sighed and went to sit with her sister in the waiting room. "Don't worry, Mira you will get well,help is coming". She consoled her. Doctor japhet rushed inside the hospital asking anybody he meets on his way if they had seen Michelle. "Doctor"  she called when she saw him. He looked at her and smiled but the smile disappeared the moment he saw her sister.

Hee called on the nurse to take her to a room while he began questioning Michelle about the situation. He left  after seemed to have gotten the answers needed. Michelle Sat back on the chair and called her brother to know where he is.

"Hello baby, what's up with you, why ain't you sleeping?". Shouted Michael from the phone, Michelle shakes her head as she heard the sound of music in the background, she was about to speak when Anna shouted. "Mikel you left me in there all alone". Michelle smiled at that but got sad immediately as she remembers Miranda's situation.

"Michael Mira is very sick, am in the hospital now". She said sternly. Right from beginning she knows Michael and Miranda aren't that close. Them talking at the family reunion was like the first time they ever had a normal conversation.

"Wow, what happened?" Michael asked trying to neglect Michelle's first sentence. "Baby what happened, is it a bad news?" Anna asked Michael but Michelle hunged up knowing he's not going to do anything "mtweew crazy brother of mine". She mumured to herself.

About an hour later, doctor Japhet came out from Mira's room she rushed to him. "How is she doctor?" She asked with concern and worry. "She's fine, just resting now". He gave her a reassuring smile that her sister is okay.

"Can I see her now?"

"Sure you can"

"Thank you so much doctor" she said as she rushed to Miranda's room. She was given a private room. Michelle Sat down on the bed beside Mira and held her hand. "Hey, I'm so sorry Mira you had to go through all this. I know I haven't been a good sister, oh what a selfish me! but I promise I'll make it up to you".

She smiled "you're growing into a beautiful young woman. It's sad that we don't have the best caring parents but I promise to be the caring mother you wished you had. I'll try my best.... Please just be strong for me..." She let the tears fall off her eyes as she kept her head on Mira's hand for a few seconds, she looked up at her sleeping sister.

"I'll be back let me go see the doctor". She said as she left for the doctor's office wiping off the tears. She entered and smiled at doctor Japhet who seems to be waiting for her. "Sit please" he offered she sat down in the seat in front of him.

"We're you waiting for me?" She asked him, he shifted his gaze from her to the window and mumured a "yeah", she smiled at his response.

"So what exactly is wrong with her?" She asked calmly

"Well, alot is wrong with her which includes both emotional and health. She has pneumonia and then depression from loneliness and stress. She doesn't sleep and it seems like she cries alot".

Michelle shivered at those words, she bent her head in shame 'how could she forget her own sister, Mira has been her best friend and only sister since childhood and now she has no one. Mom is never there not to talk of their Father who doesn't know his children's complexion. Michael and Mira were never that close and she was the only one Mira had and she too left her because if her selfish reasons, she was only thinking about herself forgetting others'

she cried as these thoughts goes through her mind not knowing when doctor Japhet has crossed the table and now sitting beside her. "It's okay Mich, she's fine already, she just needs company that's all. Stop crying" he said as he wipes out the years from her face. She looked at him and nodded, they maintained the eye contact for long until Michelle stiff up away from his hold.

"I'll go be with her now. We will go tomorrow morning and the bills will be settled as well". She said as she makes her way to the door.

"Okay no problem, you can spend the night in my house" he suggested but she turned and smiled at him.

"Thanks for the offer but I'd rather be with my sister" with that she turned the door knob but he called out on her again making her stop. "Yes" she turned to him again.

"Am sorry for what happened earlier today, I can explain it's not really what you think. Believe me I never told anyone anything about your life, what I told..." He kept on talking but stopped when he felt Michelle's hand on his shoulder his body stilled.

"It's ok Japhet, I forgive you and I believe you. Thank you for coming to our aid even when it was already late. I'll be going now. Good night". She left before he could come out from his stance to stop her again. 'is this love or what?' he asked himself as he smiled and rubbed his shoulder where she had touched him. He packed his things and went home.

A/N

Thank y'all for sticking with me to this chapter I really appreciate.

Please follow, vote and comment if you liked the story so far

I love y'all ❤️❤️