Chapter 11: Drunk night

"Oh my God, Mich we did it! we finally got the fucking certificate!". Shouted Anna as she hugged Michelle. "Am so happy Mich" she whispered in her ears.

"Me too Anna I can't believe it's over. Wait, babe, it's over! No more long boring lectures and exams, no more frustrating assignments. We're going home!". Michelle screamed in happiness at her realization. They both hugged each other.

Today is their last day in University and graduation party.
"Hey girls what's up? Have been looking for you girls". Said, Michael.

"Mike am a graduate, damn it!" Shouted Mich as she hugged her brother.

"Yeah yeah I know the feeling Mich, am happy you made it this far". He smiled at her and then looked over at Anna.

"Hey am Michael Stephenson" Anna was shocked, they'd met before and were introduced to each other.

"Anna Jones" she shook his hand smiling at him. Michelle cleared her throat making the two of them withdraw their hands.

"Mom and Dad didn't come?" Asked Michelle.

"No, they couldn't make out chance. Dad is out of town for a meeting and mom says her goods are arriving today so she has to be at the warehouse for proper packaging and stuff. Mira was still at school though she wanted to miss school so she could come I insisted". He said smiling.

Michelle's mood changed instantly. Her parents couldn't make out time to come for their own daughter's graduation. Whose parents will miss this type of event, once in a lifetime event? Going home is no longer fun as she has exclaimed before. She nodded in understanding and smiled.

Anna is an orphan and an only child. She's studying under a scholarship form. So obviously she's not bothered about her parents being there because she has none. Except for her Granny, who obviously can't make it to such an event.

Michael seeing the change in Michelle's mood and knowing she won't enjoy the rest of the party if they still stay decided to do something. "So girls, why don't we go out this afternoon and party till dawn because we need to celebrate this great success". He suggested

"Sure" shouted Anna. They both followed Michael to his car. He drive them to a club where they got drunk, dancing around having fun and chatting and laughing loudly.

Michael and Anna were busy talking to each other while Michelle sat down not too close beside them trying to regain some strength and dignity after wasting the one she had on the dance floor.

"Hey beautiful," said a masculine voice sitting across her.

"Hey," she said back. She could feel the drink trying to take over but she is still fighting back to regain her senses.

"Am Victor. Victor Blake". He said bringing out his hand to shake hers.

"Michelle Stephenson" she smiled shaking his hands.

"Wow, are you Hon Stephenson's daughter?". He asked with excitement.

"You wish" she chuckled. The alcohol is almost gaining control. "What!" He asked with a confused look.

"Oh sorry, just messing around, yeah hon Stephenson is my father but not my Dad".

She said remembering how she and her father are never close to each other. Even when she was small, he will buy big toys for Mike and Mira and buy a small one for her, or might not buy any. She remembered how he always says things to make her feel bad, how he even denied not being the one who impregnated her mom, and he denied being her father many times. But thanks to God he's not always in sight. She sighed.

"Why did you make that statement?" Asked Victor referring to her earlier statement about her father not being her Dad.

"Oh don't mind me, the alcohol is working hard on me". She chuckled so did Victor.

"You're funny" he commented

"You think" she snapped but not rudely. He nodded.

"Can I get your number, Michelle?" He asked her

"Sure" she gave him her phone. He smiled

"No I mean your number," he said

"Yeah I know, it's in my phone," she said. He smiled knowing it was the alcohol that has finally taken effect on her. He gave her his phone.

"Maybe you should type it in here"

"Oh nice idea, where's my hand?" She asked raising her hands. Victor laughed. Poor Michelle she has finally given control of the alcohol. After much stupid discussion, she finally gave him her number and he left giving her a quick kiss on the lips. She's too drunk to care.

She looked around for any sign of Mike and Mira but none. She left the club and saw the both of them kissing in front of Michael's car. "I knew this will happen" she murmured to herself and dragged for being to the car.

"We've got to go," she said opening the back door. Anna looked embarrassed but was relieved when she saw that Michelle was drunk which means she won't remember what happened. Michael looked unaffected. They hooped in the car and drove to their house.

Anna had to sleep in their house because she has no house or else she has to go to her Granny's.

*****    *****    *****    *****    *****

"You kissed her," Michelle asked Michael who looked shocked at their question.' how did she know, I thought she was drunk' he thought to himself.

"I was drunk," he said rubbing his hand at the back of his neck.

"You were?" She asked knowing he was lying. Her brother can never get too drunk not to know what he is doing.

"Yes, we were all drunk". He replied trying to look serious and defensive.

"And you kissed her?" She asked him making him more uncomfortable

"Did I?" He replied, she scoffed

"Why are you replying in words huh, are you trying to say that you didn't know you kissed Anna because you were drunk?" She raised her eyebrows as she asked him. Michael ruffled his hand through his hair.

"Whatever Mich, things like this happen you know, we were both tipsy so we made use of that, not that we are gonna ever kiss when we're not drunk" he replied, the guilt there in his voice.

Michelle has suspected that his brother has a soft spot for Anna but she wants him to admit it to her. Anna on the other hand had told Michelle about her feelings towards her brother. So Michelle is now trying to know if her brother feels the same way to avoid breaking her best friend's heart.

"Seriously, so you mean to say you made use of it or you both? Anyways do you like her? She asked

"What! What's wrong with you and all these questions. I need to sleep now, goodnight Elle". He said as he kissed her forehead and rushed to his room to avoid being interrogated further. Michael might be older than Michelle but whenever it comes to his life matter, Michelle always controls it and he always feels weak and tell her everything.

She smirked "I know you love her," she said more to herself before retiring to her room. Anna spent the night in Mira's room.