Games-Day 3

Hazel Hunter's POV:

"Let me go!" I scream. The small hands tighten and hold me back even more. "Stop it! My sister's in there!"

Whoever's holding me back falters a bit and I manage to turn and face them. A girl with auburn hair and pretty green eyes looks shocked? Ashamed? Sorry?

She bursts into tears and kneels on the ground. Her sister. Clairy. She didn't make it.

I watch Angel as she completely breaks down. I see another girl peeking out from behind a wide tree, her long violet hair tied across her shoulder. Silver. These two won't hurt me.

"We have to help your sister. Mine's gone... but we can save your's." Angel whispers.

I look back towards the cabin alight in a brilliant red. The dark grey smoke makes the once pretty blue sky a hazy, hopeless black. Can we really save her?

Paisley Hunter's POV:

The smoke is making me weaker and weaker and I can no longer lift the trapdoor even a little bit. There are now small flames in the corner of the room and it's getting hotter every minute. When my cannon goes off the Careers will know that someone really was hiding in here. I cough more and make another feeble attempt to open the door. I wonder if Hazel is trying to help me right now. If she's worried I'm already gone.

I hear more footsteps above me and the sound of scraping wood. There are muffled whispers above before the door starts to creak open. I weakly search for a dagger and sling my pack over my shoulders. The person lifting the door must not be very strong and it takes them a while to get it fully open. A rush of cold hair fills my lungs and I start to cough again. Soft hands grab my arms and pull me up through the small square in the floor. Just the force of being pulled up through the trapdoor makes it hard to breath.

Hazel Hunter's POV:

My sister's frail figure lays on the floor coughing and choking. Her cheeks are covered in ash and black streaks and her eyes are shut tightly.

"Paisley...?" I whisper, shaking her shoulders lightly. "Paisley, wake up. We still need to leave before the fire get upstairs." I try to pull her up but she grabs my hand.

"Thank you... Thank you for coming back. I'm sorry you had to go through the trouble though. It wasn't worth it. I'm still not coming with you." She manages to choke out.

"What do yo-"

"The smoke." Angel cuts in. "She breathed in too much."

Paisley's ash covered face looks at me weakly and then she takes her hand back. The chipped paint is still there from the flowers I drew before. It was only a few days ago when I painted it. She had begged her stylist to let her keep it on for the interviews and are is still remnants of the swirling pattern on her nail. She smiles lightly and lays her hand beside her again. She looks away from me and closes her eyes.

BOOM.

Kai Season's POV:

Alyssa has finally had enough. She's leaving with Lei today and asking to join the Careers. Another cannon just went off so now there's only 12 tributes left. Kayla and I have decided to stay in the cabin until there's only 8. Alyssa and Lei are taking two packs and Kayla and I are keeping the other two. We push the heavy couch out from behind the door and let the two pass through it.

"And if...you know, things don't work out you can always come back here." Kayla assures them.
I wave and turn back towards the living room. Would we want them to come back? They haven't been very loyal allies.

Sponsors:
Merida-Gloves and sleeping bag
Careers-Food
Hazel,Angel, Silver- A pack