District 6 Reaping

Merida Gaskarth's POV:

"Again, Merida," He says incredulously, "I'm going to keep saying it until you do it right."
I run at him again. I throw a punch towards his face but he blocks hit with his strong arms. I kick him in the shins and attempt to trip him but he doesn't move. I scream in frustration and pick up one of the throwing knives, shoving it into the nearest tree.
"I'm done, Dallon. I can't do this right now." I face him, defeated. I'm too tired to keep training.
"Mer, you know I'm just trying to protect you. I want you to be prepared. This is a Quell and your chances of being reaped are higher than before. If you get sent into the Games you'll know how to fight." He tells me, gathering the water, plants and weapons, including the knife I stuck in the tree.
"I know..." I shrug. The reapings start soon and I should head back home first. "Thanks Dallon."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dull speech of the mayor drones on and on and I'm bored out of my mind. I run through the combinations Dallon showed me and all the poisonous plants to watch for. There are thousands of names in the bowl though so I'm not too worried. Even if I do get picked, I'm prepared. The awfully dressed escort walks out and starts picking names.
"Mika Light!"
A girl with starts to walk towards the stage but another girl comes running after her.
"Wait, I volunteer!" The girl that came running hugs her friend and walks to the stage. The escort looks very pleased with a volunteer from 6. The girl has long, black hair and gunmetal blue eyes. She stands nervously in front of the crowd.
"Thalia Lopez, 15." She says quietly.

"Lilliana Retro!"
I know her. She was in the news a few years ago. Her parents were killed in an accident a while ago and her brother died of an illness shortly after.
" Lynette Sparks!"

Sparks... She's the girl who's house burned down. People say she plays with matches for fun and that she started the house fire that killed her parents. She lives alone in the orphanage now I think.

Last person. I'm going to do it. If Dallon and my brothers want me to be prepared, if they want me to spend hours identifying plants and practicing aim I'm not going to let it go to waste. They want me to be prepared..well I'm ready.

"I VOLUNEER!" I scream, running towards the stunned escort. I look out through the crowd and find my brothers. Dallon, Frederick, Gabriel and Landon all stand together with worried yet proud expressions. They missed their chances to be in the Games and now they get to watch they're little sister win...

District 6 tributes:
Thalia Lopez (15)
Lilliana Retro (16)
Lynette Sparks (15)
Merida Gaskarth (17)