Training Centre

Lei Fletcher's POV:

I finish putting the final vine around the dart in my hand and set it on the table with the others I made. I just spent a painstakingly annoying half an hour making 3 darts out of wood, bark, leaves, vines and small shells. I ended up breaking 2 in the making and having to restart because my allies thought it would be good to go to the survival stations. Rachel hasn't even managed to make 1 dart in this time. My allies Kai, Kayla and Alyssa are strong competitors in the Games so I decided to align with them. That was before they let Rachel join. Now a little 12 year old is going to hold us back.

I take one of the darts and walk over to a stationary mannequin. I roll the dart between my fingers before tossing it towards the target. It barely skims it's leg and that makes me even more frustrated. In the process, I nearly smashed it when it hit the ground.

I turn to take another one from the table and find that they aren't there. Ace has taken them. He is a full foot taller than me and a lot stronger. I don't care. No one messes with me. I reach for the darts in his hands but he easily turns out of the way and crushes another in his palm.

I lunge for him again but he steps out if the way, sending me forward, before I can recover he slaps me hard on the back of my head.

Rachel Sheperd's POV:

I try to focus on the project infront of me but it's hard considering everyone is watching the fight between Ace and Lei. They both scare me.

Personally, I think it's a stupid argument but the rest if the Careers are chanting and watching the fight intently. No Peacekeepers or Gamemakers have interfered and I think they are actually enjoying the action. Lei is no match for Ace and though she keeps getting up and going after him, Ace just keeps deflecting her feeble attempts and sending her backwards again.

"Hey Rachel, everything okay?" A cheery voice says, sitting beside me. It's Kayla. She's the one that actually invited me into the alliance. I can tell that Alyssa and Lei don't want me to get in the way and mess everything up. It seems that's what everyone thinks. That I'm just weak and unwanted. That's definitely what Jude thought.

Pheonix Vector's POV:

I smile as Lynette showers the last dummy in sparks with her flint and steel. We're going to make a great team. I can't wait to get into the arena and show everyone what I can do. Lynette walks over and sits beside me. She rolls up her sleeve and shows me the scar that a house fire gave her years ago.

"I didn't get this for nothing." She smirks.

Hazel Hunter's POV:

I finish off the small masterpiece with one final swirl of blue. I've painted Paisley's thumb nail with a floral pattern using pastel coloured paint. It isn't very good camouflage though considering the bright flowers but her and I have both accepted that we aren't going to make it till the end together and we wanted to spend as much time together has possible. Paisley admires her nail for a minute before giving me a hug.

"Thanks Hazel. I just want you to know how thankful I am that you're still supporting me considering the circumstances. Usually the Games turn siblings against each other but I know that you'll always have my back until the end." She whispers, hugging me. I've tried to stay strong. For my sister, for my Dad, for me. But right now. Right here. I let the tears stream freely down my cheeks.

A/N: Lots of POVs in this chapter!

🔴🔴🔴🔴 I also don't want to be one of those accounts with lots of shoutouts but one of my best friends Bubbles8491 has just started her own Hunger Games book for the 175th games and I would be very grateful if you would all go read it and give her some support!🔴🔴🔴🔴