Games-Day 1

Lilliana Retro's POV:

I want to live.

I close my eyes and dream of what the arena will be like. I doubt it but I hope they take sympathy on us and there are sunny skies and and flower fields. I don't want this to end. I want to keep living.

All the tributes are wearing thick, fur coats and tight, thermal pants. I'm wearing high winter boots and my gloves are thin for better movement but they feel like they have some special Capitol fabric to make them warm. I'm guessing it's going to be a winter themed arena. No flowers.

I think about all the sweet memories I used to have with my little brother and Mom and Dad. I think of the miserable 16 years I've been alive and I realize that it doesn't matter anymore. This is now and I'm going to live now. 16 years isn't long enough.

My mind clouds with doubt and fear as the clear glass tube that I stand in begins to rise. All the fog just tells me one thing. Survive.

The disk raising me up hits a patch of darkness and I'm left wondering if I will rise into utter chaos, ultimately resulting to my demise. A few shafts of light flash through the darkness before the arena folds out around me. I'm hit with a brisk, blast of wind and snow flies up around me. Great, I hate the cold. As much as I hate the winter, the scene laid out before me is quite picturesque. We are surrounded by fields of snow and trees. We are situated on a large platform of rock jutting out from the side of a tall mountain. There are cliffs along my left and to my right is the snow covered mountain. Dotting the mountain are small wood cabins. Each has a few small windows and pretty lights inside. There are about six cabins total and the only other shelter is in the few trees along the edge of the cliffs. The cornucopia is a pretty, metallic grey and it sits facing the cliffs. The timer above the cornucopia is at 40 seconds.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, let the 150th Annual Hunger Games...begin!" President Jean's loud voice booms throughout the arena.

30 seconds.

The Careers are probably going to try and take the Cornucopia the first chance they get and the rest if us will be left to find our own shelter.

20 seconds.

My alliance is supposed to run towards the sun. Right now the sun is just peaking at the top of the mountain.

10 seconds.

The tension thickens in everyone's hearts as we realize that this past week of friendships and experiences is about to be totally flipped as we turn on each other.
...
5 seconds.
...
2 seconds.
...
A loud bell rings from the top of the cornucopia and I start to run towards a small pack on the ground. It's surprisingly heavy and the weight of it throws me off balance. I continue to sprint towards the better supplies.

Kayla Tide's POV:

I rifle through the assortment of objects laid out in the middle of the cornucopia. I shove three throwing knives into my pocket and grab a trident and a pack. I start to run out of of the silver horn when I see Alyssa cursing as she runs after Titus. I grab her arm and pull her away.

"Right now, all we need is to get to safety." I say firmly, pulling her along after me towards the mountain. I look for the rest of our allies. Kai is fighting with Cressida and Lei is dodging Kamilla's attacks. I scan the scene for Rachel only to find her running from Ace. He throws one of his shurikens and she falls to the ground. This time Alyssa holds me back. I scream and cry but Alyssa just keeps dragging me along. Eventually Kai catches up to us and Lei follows behind.

Merida Gaskarth's POV:

I use my fists to block another one of Pheonix's punches but she's pushing me further and further towards the edge of the cliffs. She screams in my face to try and throw me off and I'm beginning to slow down. I try and kick her in the shins but she steps out of the way. She runs at me again but before she can get to me she's showered in a wave of sparks. Lynette. Her own ally. I turn and run before I can see what happens next. I search for Thalia amongst the remaining tributes but I can't find her. I don't bother to look around with the fallen tributes because the Careers are starting to gather at the Cornucopia. If I stay much longer they'll overpower me. I sprint off towards the trees without even a pack.

Deceased tributes:
-Thalia Lopez
-Rachel Sheperd
-Zeke Green
-Pheonix Vector

A/N: So the first day has begun! I'd love to have some feedback. Is it okay so far? Sorry this chapter was so long.

Also, I'm going to have a sponsors. Just comment who you'd like.

Merida~ Needs a pack.
Paisley's alliance~ Needs food.
Clairy's alliance~ Needs a pack.