Chapter 29 || Bullet Wounds

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

Help me, is anybody there?

Save me, I'm running out of air

~ Mayday

⚜⚜⚜

A loud bang echoed in the hall and instinctively she fell on her knees, crouching but when no pain came and a thump was heard, her head snapped to Ian, so fast her neck cricked. Ian was above her, shielding her body with his but no pain was visible on his face. But she soon saw the dark red liquid pooling near her.

A dark clothed body lay on their stomach, blood pooling around it. His platinum hair were soaking in blood and their tattoo covered arms lay at a weird angle. Rose recognized him, although she had met him only once.

Drake.

While Rose had slowly reacted, the others not quite so. Chris raised his hand, ready to fire another shot, Rose clearly in view now, when a knife sliced through air heading towards him. Vera had instantly traced the line of shot to find Chris ready to shoot again, and aimed her knife, pinning his hand down as he let out a guttural scream. 

By the time Rose had turned, Ian was already turning Drake over and Vera had crouched beside Drake, begging him to keep his eyes open. Ian searched for the wound and he placed his hand at on Drake's stomach only to lift it soaked in blood. The panic in Ian's eyes snapped Rose out of her trance.

Rose crouched down beside Drake, gathering some cloth in her hand and pressed down on the wound to stop bleeding. Ian removed his shirt, handing it over to her while Landon pulled the jeep as close as possible. Rose tore Ian's shirt to strips and tightly wrapped it around Drake's wound and Ian gently lifted Drake's body, Landon supporting the other side. And they set off towards the closest hospital.

⚜⚜⚜

Silence wrapped them around like a blanket as they waited outside the operation theatre. Vera had taken a seat as soon as she arrived and hadn't left her place since then, with her head in her hands. Ian was pacing down the halls, occasionally punching the wall and Landon hadn't lifted his head from his phone, cleaning the mess left behind. But Rose knew he was doing this just to distract himself.

Rose however was swaying Isa, trying to focus on anything rather than the fact that she was in a hospital. Isa's birth was in the village's hospital which resembled a clinic and hence, Rose hadn't been to hospital since the night of Adonis... 

No, she wasn't going to think about that night. But everything around her reminded her of it. The white walls, the hurry of doctors around them, the wait outside of operation theatre and the tense silence around them which was strained with fear. Everything reminded her of the time Adonis was brought in on a stretcher, his clothes soaked in blood.