Chapter 22 || Sky Full of Stars

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

Show a little loving

Shine a little light on me

~ Lovers

⚜⚜⚜

The view left Rose absolutely breathless. They were on the bell tower, highest point of Zurich and she could see the whole city. The stars twinkled overhead and the city lights looked like stars fallen on ground. She turned to Ian and he was already looking at her.

A sky full of stars and he was looking at her.

She was as much mesmerized by his gaze as she was by the city beneath them. Ian looked at her she had looked the view with such awe and now he noticed she had the same look in her eyes as she looked at him. He took her hand and sat down, feet dangling and urged Rose to sit as well, even if he knew Rose was scared of heights. But they say you can't achieve great heights if you are afraid of them.

Shakily breathing, Rose sat beside him but refused to look down, instead focusing on the view in front. Their hands were still intertwined but despite this being a regular thing for them, this time it felt different. She felt the warmth of his spread through her own and she shifted closer to him.

She thought about how their bond had strengthened over the months. How he had gone from being her boyfriend's best friend to someone she really cared for and who she could trust her life with. She thought about all the times when he was there to pick her up when she couldn't, all the times he had taken care of Isa, when she couldn't.

"How amazing it is that we are staring at this city which has more than a hundred thousand population and how every person has a story. How one person's actions affect the other's story and how tangled our stories are." Ian's voice broke her out of thoughts.

She hummed and added, "And the same time how different each one of them is and how people are a product of their stories. How one person's actions could change another's entire life."

And they weren't talking about other people now, they were talking about Adonis' murderer. They sat in silence, both of them in their own thoughts. After a while, Ian got up indicating that they should leave. But before he left, Rose grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"I never thanked you. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't here for me. So thank you for healing me when I, myself, didn't believe that I could heal."

"You will never have to find how to be without me because I'm never going to leave you. And don't ever thank me again, it makes me feel like a formal friend." His face scowling at the end.

Rose chuckled, "Okay... How's this as thank you?" and she hugged him, her lips brushing his ears and warm breath fanning across his neck.

A shiver ran through his body and he hugged her back, lightly kissing her forehead. Slowly, she loosened her hold, stepping back and they descended the steps. Getting in the car, they noticed both, Evelyn and Isa were asleep and they drove off towards home.