Chapter 09 || Royals on floor

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

Getting stronger every day

Through the bullets and the flames

~ Stronger 

⚜⚜⚜

Rose was waiting for Ian to come home after school. Ian was successful in stealing Layla's phone and Landon had been through the phone and now Ian was supposed to collect the phone and meet her at his apartment.

In about five minutes someone knocked at the door and she opened it, Ian had come with Landon. They headed towards the sitting room and took a seat.

She looked expectantly at Ian, "So...?"

Before Ian could speak, Landon spoke up, "I have been through her phone, all her messages and social media is clean. But I went through her messages backup and I found her frequent chats around last year to a person like 'is the work done?' or 'you will receive your payment'."

"Who is she?" Rose asked.

"She obviously didn't save her real name so I traced her number and she is some Stephanie Williams. Now, I searched up her profession and social circle and I found out that around Adonis' death she had just started a deal with Mr. De Costa."

"On further digging we found out she had attended the party where the cheating scandal seemed to have happened. Also she had dressed and looked quite similar to Mrs. De Costa." Ian continued.

"So you mean to say that those photos were faked by Stephanie? And Layla paid her to do that?" Rose confirmed.

"Yes, we believe she went to the party, had someone click her photos with a man in compromising positions, making it look like it was Mrs. De Costa. All of which must be funded by Layla." Landon explained.

That manipulative bitch.

"But didn't she confess she loved him?" Rose pointed out.

"That's the part we cant fit in." Landon muttered while Ian was lost in his thoughts.

Someone rang the doorbell and rose opened the door to find a girl.

"How can I help you?" Rose asked her.

She smiled a  timid smile and said, "I just came to return Ian's notebook which he left on his desk."

All the way for a book...?

Ian came from behind her but he seemed to know her, "Hey Emily, what's up?"

She just gave him his book, shot him a cute smile and walked-sort-of-sprinted away.

"Aww someone has a crushhh" Rose just couldn't help herself, letting out a giggle.

He just shook his head at her and headed in.

⚜⚜⚜

Something was weird in the air as Rose headed inside the school. She was receiving more number of stares than usual. Actually, everyone was staring at her, as if waiting for some shit to blow up. She also had this uneasy feeling in her stomach.

Feeling on edge she turned to her phone and that's when she found out the reason.

Someone had posted 'Guess who I saw at Ian Night's house?? Rose Rodriguez!'. 

Almost all of the comments read 'So he is cheating on Layla!?' or 'sleeping with best friend's boyfriend' or 'unhealthy way to cope!'.

Shit

Her thoughts running haywire, she looked up from the phone to see Layla marching to her, with a furious expression. 

Rose pocketed her phone and squared her shoulders for the shit that was going to go down now.

"You cheating bitch" Layla screeched at her.

"Hello to you too, also I don't give a fuck about what you think, Ian is just a friend of mine, believe what you want."

"More lies? You are lying to my face now? If just friends why the manifest to not know him before, huh?"

"I recently got to know him, oh wait, any problem? That is none of your business" Rose replied in a cool tone but her words were rather fierce. 

The cool façade angered Layla even more and she did something she had been wanting to do since yesterday, since Rose started dating Adonis, since she met Rose.

She slapped Rose across the face, her face whipping to the side, the noise echoing in the quiet hallway. 

Rose looked her with a glare so hot that even the audience winced.

And then all fell to complete chaos. 

Rose slapped her back, while Layla pulled at her hair. Layla kicked her in the knees and rose fell down on the ground, Layla climbed on her and started punching her, letting out all these years of fury as someone would put it out on there punching bag everyday in the gym. Her nails scratching Rose's face. Rose grabbed Layla's one hand and flipped them around. She couldn't let Layla get in her way and embarrass her anymore.  She punched Layla so hard on her nose that they heard a crack. And Rose hadn't felt more satisfied.

Their audience had started urging them on, to fight more and some had started shooting videos, after all its not everyday that they see their royal princesses, on the floor, catfighting. 

Layla quickly got up and banged Rose into one of the lockers, and she would have hit her harder, if she wasn't pulled back.

Chris held Layla back as Ian checked up on Rose. Rose's forehead was injured and it had started bleeding but even then Ian struggled to keep her back. 

A smirk painted on Layla's face on seeing the wound. But she grew more furious when Ian didn't even once check up on her.

"You didn't deserve Adonis. You are a cheating, disloyal, bitch ."

"Enough Layla." Ian's said in a stern voice.

Even through her injured face, Rose started struggling behind Ian, wanting to go and smash Layla's face.

Enjoying the anger, Layla gave a malicious grin and continued, "You gold-digger hoe, now that you will not be getting any of the De Costa's fortune, you are behind the Night's?"  

At this Ian's face grew darker and he faced her and said, quiet but ominous, "Don't ever fucking dare to talk about her like that." 

He turned towards the others and boomed "If anyone posts a video about this, they will have problem even moving for the next week."

And they hurried away, going to their classes. And the rest of them were also going to before anyone caught them when an angry voice shouted at them, "Ms. Rodriguez, Ms. Devlin my office now!"