Chapter 13 || Monsters

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

And I know you won't tell nobody nothing

~Roses

⚜⚜⚜

Over the remaining week, Rose contacted everyone whose numbers she had received from Chloe. Till now only four of them had agreed to testify. 

He had raped twenty-four girls. Completely ruined twenty four lives. And that did not include the girls who he had forced or girls with whom he had been inappropriate.

She was thoroughly repulsed by him. How could she have not noticed the monster beneath the surface? And why did he get away with this? Touching a girl without her consent was an outrageous crime. Even the punishment which will be given by the system, even if it wouldn't be reduced, will not be enough.  

Hence she needs more proof, more strong evidence to put him behind the bars for a long, long time. 

The whole week she had been over-working herself, trying to catch up with the school work and trying to contact more people. Also the term exams were coming closer so she needed to study for that as well. Layla wasn't present at the school since her suspension was till Friday and she was supposed to join from Monday. Lunch had been a quite affair for the week and even though the first day after joining was hard, soon it had quieted down. She could openly acknowledge Ian now and they often left lunch together. She had also been keeping an eye out for the secret helper.

So when she came home to find a package on the doorstep she was surprised. For a moment she thought it was another tip but on looking closer she recognized Ian's handwriting. She carried the parcel in and went to her room. 

Opening the box, it had a card which read, "You look like you could use a break. Wear this and we're going to party. Don't worry, none of the Elites will be there. Pick you up at 8 ;)

She smiled and lifted the dress, it was a satin silver gown with a slit that ran up her right leg. It had deep plunging neckline and it hugged her figure loosely. 

She quickly shot a text to Ian 'meet you at 8 ;)' and started to get ready.

⚜⚜⚜

The doorbell rang and she sprinted down the stairs to open the door. There stood Ian in his devilish beauty. He was wearing a black button down with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, first two buttons left open, showing a bit of his chest. His hair as usual were a mess and his silver eyes shone with amusement.

"Click a picture, it lasts longer" His voice snapped her back to reality.

She blushed and Ian had a strong urge to kiss her but he controlled. She will kiss him first, he had decided. She was looking beautiful as though someone had picked a part of the moon and wrapped her in its beauty.