Chapter 01 || Queen's Return

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

Don't you think that it's boring how people talk? 

Makin' smart with their words again, well, I'm bored

~Lorde

⚜⚜⚜

Nothing had changed about Northwood University. Its grand gates still stood high as if daring anyone with lower stature to come inside. There was still a line of the extravagant cars, view full of Gucci and Prada, and crowds full of gossip about heirs and riches; a proof of all the rich spoiled kids that come here.

No not kids, kids are innocent.

Resting in the mountains near Silver Plume of Colorado, Northwood University wasn't a normal university; it was a university which was attended by the children of the world's richest families. From the nerds to the wallflowers, anyone would be special in any other college, but here all of them were special which made them regular; and hence hungry for attention and power. Here the heirs and heiresses were trained to be perfect, shaped to be future owners. 

The campus was a castle, home to royalty in the early 1900s, but it was later turned into college for the privileged in 1980s. It was just an hour's drive away from the city of Denver. The main college building was huge with uncountable corridors and classrooms, and the dormitories lay on both sides. The campus limits then blended with the surrounding dark forests. The old walls had seen many generations come and go, heard their stories, adventures and lies and scandals. 

But the one that was going to take place was probably the most shocking they will hear for a long long time.

⚜⚜⚜

She drove in her silver Bugatti, up the steep climb towards the gates, the car immediately demanding attention. But the car would be immediately forgotten if the owner got out. 

Parking the car in the spot that was always reserved for them, the elites, she remembered her first day after their Christmas break of freshman year.

They parked the car and got off. They were just talking about the first party of the term that was on Friday. It was hosted by Adrian Montgomery, the 'king' of student body. She was teasing Lexi about her need to look absolutely perfect on Friday, Lexi was infatuated with him.

"Oh just shut up, will you?" Alexis had said, her cheeks deep red.

Even if they were sophomores, both of them were a part of what the others called Elites. After all she was an heiress of the Rodriguez and Alexis was the daughter of Robert Valeska, a prominent politician.

Her attention was caught by a guy, standing with Adrian. He is new, she deduced, and hot. He had brown curly hair that swayed with wind and strikingly beautiful features. He radiated confidence in the way he stood next to Adrian, like he belonged here but didn't at the same time.

Alexis beside her said, "So he is the new guy, Adonis; the heir of De costa Ind."

He was so much more than that, she thought.

inhale. exhale.

She got out of her car, shutting the door behind her. She headed towards the entrance, eyes following her. Everyone was inside,

Perfect, just what I wanted, she thought.

She started walking, the clatter of her heel demanding attention. She didn't look like they had expected her to look. Not torn, defeated but rather determined and strong. Not like a queen with a fallen king but a queen ready to conquer.

click. clack. click.

Her custom tailored uniform, pressed to perfection, clung to her body. The crisp plaits of skirt whose height was short but not short enough to be inappropriate. Her blazer which fit her just perfectly and her hair which descended her back in perfect waves. And her blood red lipstick which completed her look and a smirk on her face.

Click. Clack. Click.

Some gasped, some even took out their phones to record the scene.  

After all their queen had returned.

She turned to see all of them together at their lockers, looking as if they had seen a ghost.

And she is here for revenge.

Hope you liked the chapter

~vote and comment~