Chapter 05 || The First Move

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

I've got Friday on my mind on a Sunday

~Friday

⚜⚜⚜

Meanwhile Ian had entered the second floor with the invite of a girl who Rose had sent. His attire and he being a new one was attracting attention. Till now he had already politely waved off three girls. He was starting to get bored and was waiting for elites to come out from wherever they were.

A door slammed shut loudly and Layla emerged into the hallway, her body craving for cocaine to clear her thoughts. But she couldn't get them here, everybody recognizes her here and her usual dealer isn't here today. She needs to find other distraction.

And she instantly found one; a handsome guy was sitting on the sofa, his disinterested eyes looking through everyone.

He must be new, she thought, she would have noticed him before if he wasn't.

She walked towards him and sat next to him. She expected him to turn to her at least but he just maintained his former posture. She leaned towards him and says, "Hi handsome."

He turns towards her and an easy smile slides on his face," Hi there babe"

"You are a new face here" she states.

"Ah yes first party to be honest." He extends hand," Ian Night"

She takes his hand,  "Layla Devlin"

He kisses her hand and asks, "Would you like some drinks?" She nods and watches him as he goes to get them some drinks. She is impressed by his build and broad shoulders.

He comes back handing her some wine and taking some for him, and sits down. 

"So why has this royal pretty girl like Layla decided to talk to a commoner like me?" He asks, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You don't look like a commoner and besides you looked too pitiful sitting alone." She replies.

"And what made you think I wanted some company?" He questions.

"You wouldn't have come to a party if you wanted to be alone." She explains.

"What if I was brought to this party against my will by someone?" He tests again.

"Then you would have left by now" She points.

In their conversation, they had leaned towards each and now mere centimeter of air was between them.

He wanted to test out his enemies, see if they really are what everyone says. Layla was proving to be the intelligent girl everyone had said.

" I like smart girls" He said, his breath fanning against her cheeks.